PDA

View Full Version : Length of board

WillieO
09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
I have a project involving a solid vinyl product called azek. I need to carve in the center of an 11" by 18' board. The software is telling me there is a 144" limit to the board size. Is there anyway around this? Thanks for any input as this project is now on the front burner
Be Well[/url]

Aaron B
09-11-2006, 10:53 AM
You MAY, not sure, but put in a smaller board maybe even just a foot and have it center on length. Then on the long board measure and mark where the left most part of the carving would be. Then before it starts carving swap and the boards and line up the line on the long board with the bit.

Wont say its exact but it might work, just thinking off the top of my head. :shock:

cmorlier
09-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Aaron B is probably on the right track. How long is the section you actually want to carve? If it is less than 144", then you can design on a board of the size of the area you wish to carve and then either center it or jog it into position. There are currently some limits in the firmware that will probably not allow you to center on length, but you may be okay with jogging into position.

If the azek is expensive, I recommend testing this on something cheap. We have not really tested with anything longer than 8', so this is unexplored territory. I do have an item on my list to review the distance limits on the X (length) axis. This is not at the top of my list, but let me know if you have any problems, and I will see about making this a higher priority so that I can get you something that works.