PDA

View Full Version : Vector software?

Mister
09-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know of a software program for converting line drawings into 3d vectors for use in Carvewright? It looks like ArtCam would work, but not for $7500.

BobHill
09-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Mister,

Apparently ArtCam can, or will be able to one of these days, but it's not that there aren't other programs that'll convert raster to vector, or even something to 3D, it's that at this time CarveWright doesn't have the ability to accept them, but it's in the "works" from what I understand.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Mister
09-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks Bob - I've been going blind looking on the internet for some way to make the same type of images that Carvewright offers. Do you know how they make them?

BobHill
09-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Mister,

There are now two ways to make images for cutting/carving in the CarveWright. You can use the vector tools included in Designer and then you can also import raster images in either BMP, JPEG, PNG raster formats. CarveWright uses only shades of grey images and established depth of carving cuts to that 256 levels of grey with black being top and white being deepist to depth establish by your options. Try it and place it onto a wood piece, then use isometric view to preview how it should look.

I've attached a download image of a sign using Designer text and a vector edge, with a raster image to carve. It's certainly not perfected yet, but you can open it in Designer and play around with it.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida