PDA

View Full Version : a question on how to use the depth and height

cristorf
03-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi, my school recently got a carvewright machine and it was been working great, but i have a few questions to ask. we are trying to make a lot of name plaques, but we are having some issues on teh height and depth. I was wondering how you lower the depth of the cut while keeping the letter face flush with the rest of the board. we have tried numerous times, but cannot seem to figure out how to work it properly. pleas assist. thanks.

AskBud
03-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Hi, my school recently got a carvewright machine and it was been working great, but i have a few questions to ask. we are trying to make a lot of name plaques, but we are having some issues on teh height and depth. I was wondering how you lower the depth of the cut while keeping the letter face flush with the rest of the board. we have tried numerous times, but cannot seem to figure out how to work it properly. pleas assist. thanks.

Are you, by chance, trying to have Raised Text in a Carve Region?
AskBud

lynnfrwd
03-04-2010, 10:55 AM
The height can be adjusted to from 1 to 999. Original height of an element is 100. 999 should take that element to the top of the board.

Depth is where in the board the bottom of the element is placed. If an element original height is .25 and it is placed at a depth of .25, then the highest point of that element will be at the top of the board.

When doing text on a carved region, place the text at the same depth of the carved region and expand the height of the text to 999 (top of board).

Here is a pdf with illustration. (never posted attachment before...here goes). A little side ways, but not bad for a first timer!