PDA

View Full Version : Close Door

eharsin21
02-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fed up with this piece of crap. I bought my machine 5 years ago. I have completed 6 projects in that time. I get so frustrated with "Close Door" "Board Sensor" and the spring arm not opening enough for the bit to hit it that I put up for a year or so and try it again.

So here we go again. I have replaced the board sensor, door sensor and lubricated the spring arm. It takes at least an hour EVERY new project to get things all aligned with the stars and moon. Last night I went thru all of this and finally got a 5 1/2 hr. board cut. Needing to cut on the opposite side, I tried again this morning. SAME OLD xxxxxx. It amazes me that you can have everything working properly, turn off the machine and within 5 minutes all of the sensors don't work again.

Enough ranting..............does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the "Door Sensor"? After an hour today I finally got it to start, but after 15 seconds the door sensor stoped the carve. I push the enter button and it will run again for 5-10 seconds and again it stops with the door sensor alert. I don't want to junk a 5 hour piece of work.

PLEASE HELP ME before I take a sledge hammer to this piece of chineese excellence.
Ernie H. :confused: :mrgreen:

c6craig
02-28-2010, 12:15 PM
There are lots of threads on troubleshooting the close door error. If nothing works, there is information on how to bypass the switch on this thread, along with some things to check:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13714&highlight=close+cover

Just be aware that if you bypass the switch you are bypassing a safety feature.

Good luck,
Craig

scamp62
03-01-2010, 01:30 AM
I don’t know if it is considered proper, but I had the same problem, so CW sent me out a new switch (the one the same side as the key board) I needed to get a the project done that day ! so I shunted the switch, the new switch showed up. That was 2 months ago and I have not replaced the switch, and the machine has been running fine !

robbrigg2
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fed up with this piece of crap. I bought my machine 5 years ago. I have completed 6 projects in that time. I get so frustrated with "Close Door" "Board Sensor" and the spring arm not opening enough for the bit to hit it that I put up for a year or so and try it again.

So here we go again. I have replaced the board sensor, door sensor and lubricated the spring arm. It takes at least an hour EVERY new project to get things all aligned with the stars and moon. Last night I went thru all of this and finally got a 5 1/2 hr. board cut. Needing to cut on the opposite side, I tried again this morning. SAME OLD xxxxxx. It amazes me that you can have everything working properly, turn off the machine and within 5 minutes all of the sensors don't work again.

Enough ranting..............does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the "Door Sensor"? After an hour today I finally got it to start, but after 15 seconds the door sensor stoped the carve. I push the enter button and it will run again for 5-10 seconds and again it stops with the door sensor alert. I don't want to junk a 5 hour piece of work.

PLEASE HELP ME before I take a sledge hammer to this piece of chineese excellence.
Ernie H. :confused: :mrgreen:

check the lead for the sensor I will almost garuntee it is loose. The vibration of the machine makes it break contact just long enough to send the signal

DickB
03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Some of us have replaced the switch with a compatible, sealed switch to keep dust out. Working well so far.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=119125&postcount=13