PDA

View Full Version : Need some help....re-align z?

PlateCarver
02-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I just replaced by Z-truck with no issues... It's my 2nd time. The problem now is that when I attempt to carve and in its initial actions of finding the width, length etc it does not go all the way to the right side t check the depth of the wood. The little metal shelf that comes out so it comes down and hits to find the depth never comes out and after the process of finding all of the depths it then goes back to center and restarts.

Is there a way to reset the homing process so the Z-truck goes all the way and finds all of the required calibration points ? Any ideas............

fwharris
02-27-2010, 06:58 PM
I just replaced by Z-truck with no issues... It's my 2nd time. The problem now is that when I attempt to carve and in its initial actions of finding the width, length etc it does not go all the way to the right side t check the depth of the wood. The little metal shelf that comes out so it comes down and hits to find the depth never comes out and after the process of finding all of the depths it then goes back to center and restarts.

Is there a way to reset the homing process so the Z-truck goes all the way and finds all of the required calibration points ? Any ideas............

First place I would check is the wires from the cut motor in the far back corner. The back of the Z motor could be hitting the wire and stopping the travel to touch the bit plate. Make sure the wire is tucked all of the way back in the corner. If they have a black plastic cover (not the actual wire) over the wire you can take that off to gain more clearance.