PDA

View Full Version : Login

DocWheeler
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Ever since I un-installed Robo-????? (can't remember the name, it was supposed to make logins easy but didn't) I have to log in each time I click the Forum Icon. I deleted the Icon and re-built the shortcut, but I still have to login each time.

What do I need to do to avoid having to login each time like I use to?

PCW
02-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Doc

Any chance that you are blocking cookies?

blantz
02-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Ken,
Did you check the remember me box when you logged in?

DocWheeler
02-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Dan,

I'm so unfamiliar with my new operating system, I'm embarassed to say much. Although I did find the cookie area, it looked OK (see pic).

B Lance,

Yep, I check the box each time.

PCW
02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Doc

Try>Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Sites

DocWheeler
02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Dan,

I entered the links at that address and I still have to login each time. What could Robo???? have done to cause this - better yet , what can I do to fix it?

Sorry to whine so much about this as I'm feeling really dumb not knowing what to do to correct it.

PCW
02-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I would just verify that the carvewright links aren't being blocked and set to always accept cooking like in the picture below.
Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Sites

DocWheeler
02-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Dan,

It must be something else. I do appreciate your hanging with me on this.
Below is my setting, I was surprised to see it empty until I added CarveWright.

PCW
02-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Doc,

On the cookie handleing I like to have my system setup to prompt to accept a cookie or not. If you allow all cookies it is a open inventation to tracking cookies as well as malware.

It is kind of a pain getting the promts at first but if at the promt you put a check mark in the box to apply the decision to all your visits to this website it will not ask again at that site.

It sounds to me by not having no cookies on the list you have your system set to block all cookies in the Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Advanced area.

eelamb
02-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Doc, open IE, click on tools, Internet options, click the advanced tab, click on reset, and reset the advanced setting too. Then go to carvewright forum, sign in and make sure you click remember me, and then add to favorites.

Once IE is back to defaults you can do as PCW stated as to cookies if you want.

By resetting IE to defaults, it puts all the settings back to original settings, before Robo.

SeaCapt97
02-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I quit using IE years ago, as I was experiencing more and more glitches and slower speeds on the internet. I switched to Firefox by Monzilla and haven't a problem since. The speed is much better and it does a good job of blocking "pop ups". Also there are frequent free updates and tons of free add-ons. Oh did I mention the program itself is FREE. Firefox is available for Mac and even that other platform for those who wish they had Mac. It looks exactly like IE except the "favorites" are called "bookmarks". (for those like me that don't like change) Worth a try in my opinion.

Bill