PDA

View Full Version : Board Tracking Roller

barncarver
02-25-2010, 09:29 AM
:confused:I know this was mentioned before, but I could not find it within the forum. Does the brass tracking roller have a special o-ring installed or can I just get an o-ring from the hardware store? ...and if so, what size is it?

I have searched the Sears.com site and have not been able to find the o-ring part. I have also looked in the Carvewright store. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong places.

:rolleyes:Can anyone help me?~Thanks!~

cnsranch
02-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I bought a package at Home Depot - it's a standard o-ring, just make sure you're getting an o-ring that's 7/16 od and the width is .070".

Jeff_Birt
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
The proper size O-ring depends on the style of belts you have. If you have the new rubber/kevlar belts then it takes a special, smaller O-ring. I'm not sure what size, give CW a call to find out.

billybob
02-25-2010, 01:05 PM
looking for some help identifying a peice that fell out of my machine ,too small to get apicture of it is shapped like a u 5/16 long 3/16 wide and 1/8 deep was laying on top of board,when I went to change bits.ran half my project board and got a299 y axis stall. looked around and can't see where it came from

barncarver
02-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I bought a package at Home Depot - it's a standard o-ring, just make sure you're getting an o-ring that's 7/16 od and the width is .070".

:pThanks for your help!

David

Kenm810
02-25-2010, 09:00 PM
william j,

Check out this Thread, your u shaped part sounds a lot like part of the
"old Homing Sensor" that was on the key pad side of the "Z" truck. :wink:

Need help Identifying this part (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=7162&highlight=Old+Homing+Sensor)