PDA

View Full Version : Check cut motor

h_kench
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm getting this error "Check cut motor".
I'm doing a centerline sign, with a 60 v bit.
The machine is really laboring.

AskBud
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm getting this error "Check cut motor".
I'm doing a centerline sign, with a 60 v bit.
The machine is really laboring.
Please post your MPC.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
If you get the Check Cut Motor in the first 20 seconds of the first bit going to cut a board then you press enter and off it goes. That is just a software glitch, many of us have it.... Me too....

AL

h_kench
02-25-2010, 06:22 AM
It means "welcome" in gaelic

cnsranch
02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Hal - For what it's worth, you have the 60 degree v bit selected for all of the cuts. The main text is pretty large, and is causing the 60 to really work.

If you look close at the first pic below, you'll see that the letters have a ridge in the bottom of the carve - that's caused by the letters being too large for the 60 bit to effectively carve (you can compensate for that by using a signmaker's bit - it's a v bit with a flat bottom). If you look at the second pic, you'll see that I assigned the 90 degree v bit to the same text - the carve is much cleaner, the "trench" of the letters are sharp.

You don't have to assign the 90 to all of the design, I just changed the main text.

Finally, Al's right, you'll get that check cut motor error occasionally, it is a glitch, but in your case, you are making the machine work pretty hard with what I would consider too small bit for the job.

h_kench
02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks All.
I'm going to put the 90 bit in for a try.

Hal

Hal - For what it's worth, you have the 60 degree v bit selected for all of the cuts. The main text is pretty large, and is causing the 60 to really work.

If you look close at the first pic below, you'll see that the letters have a ridge in the bottom of the carve - that's caused by the letters being too large for the 60 bit to effectively carve (you can compensate for that by using a signmaker's bit - it's a v bit with a flat bottom). If you look at the second pic, you'll see that I assigned the 90 degree v bit to the same text - the carve is much cleaner, the "trench" of the letters are sharp.

You don't have to assign the 90 to all of the design, I just changed the main text.

Finally, Al's right, you'll get that check cut motor error occasionally, it is a glitch, but in your case, you are making the machine work pretty hard with what I would consider too small bit for the job.

Digitalwoodshop
02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Make sure you select V90 or V60 after you lay down the text in Centerline. It defaults to V90.

AL