PDA

View Full Version : plastic tracking drive gear

Milanth
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Has anyone wore out their plastic tracking gear yet? If so how long did it take. My machine is down and that is the problem. I couldn't load any board. I kept getting this error "Check tracking roller". We checked the metal roller and it was fine. The rubber in tact and it moved freely. My husban took the plate off where the gear drives are for the sandpaper belts. He found one of the plastic gears stripped. He also found pieces of the plastic in the grooves of the metal gear. I have contacted support via email to get it fixed!

dbfletcher
02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Has anyone wore out their plastic tracking gear yet? If so how long did it take. My machine is down and that is the problem. I couldn't load any board. I kept getting this error "Check tracking roller". We checked the metal roller and it was fine. The rubber in tact and it moved freely. My husban took the plate off where the gear drives are for the sandpaper belts. He found one of the plastic gears stripped. He also found pieces of the plastic in the grooves of the metal gear. I have contacted support via email to get it fixed!

I havn't heard of anyone "wearing" it out, but your problem is fairly common. Most often this is cuase by a board binding... due to uneven width, not inserted square in the machine, flaws on the board that cause biding, or too much head pressure.

When he replaces the gears, make sure he cleans outall the old grease as well as small plastic chucks could be inbedded in that as well and would cause them to bind again.

Doug Fletcher

Milanth
02-24-2010, 09:26 AM
My CW is still under warranty. I have contacted LHR by email. Their phones are having problems. I am waiting to hear from them. My husband said it would probably take 5 minutes to fix! I hate having to take it back to the factory. But it is only a 2 hr drive and I have to be in Houston on Tues. anyway.

dbfletcher
02-24-2010, 09:28 AM
My CW is still under warranty. I have contacted LHR by email. Their phones are having problems. I am waiting to hear from them. My husband said it would probably take 5 minutes to fix! I hate having to take it back to the factory. But it is only a 2 hr drive and I have to be in Houston on Tues. anyway.

There have been a number of people on the forum that have said their emails to LHR have never been responded to.. so you may want to keep trying via phone.

Doug Fletcher

Milanth
02-24-2010, 10:03 AM
surely they are checking email more often since their phones are down. As of yesterday they were still having problems with the phones as per the contact webpage. Every email I have sent has been answered promptly. I have sent 3 or 4 and they have been answered fast. I guess we will see.

Kenm810
02-24-2010, 10:28 AM
As of 9:00 am Local time their phone lines are up and working again :wink:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=122179&postcount=2

Digitalwoodshop
02-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Lots posted on the X Gear issue.

Could be you have a rolled over Sand Paper Belt... The one under the muffler, keyboard side.

AL