PDA

View Full Version : Under Rollers Question

Aaron B
09-02-2006, 02:31 PM
I know the option to keep under rollers is there and you need another 3.5" on each end to have that.

My question is: In Designer do you enter the board length with the extra 3.5" on each end or do you enter the board length the project would be when done and you cut it to size?

pkunk
09-02-2006, 09:03 PM
I know the option to keep under rollers is there and you need another 3.5" on each end to have that.

My question is: In Designer do you enter the board length with the extra 3.5" on each end or do you enter the board length the project would be when done and you cut it to size?
Correct-make your 7" longer than the project board if you select 'keep under rollers. If the actual carving would stay under the rollers anyway, then it would not be necessary to have the extra length, and you would chose not to keep under rollers or it will ask you to 'scale to length". Clear as mud-right?

Aaron B
09-03-2006, 07:02 AM

Correct-make your 7" longer than the project board if you select 'keep under rollers. If the actual carving would stay under the rollers anyway, then it would not be necessary to have the extra length, and you would chose not to keep under rollers or it will ask you to 'scale to length". Clear as mud-right?

pkunk, not quite clear yet. Project is close to the edges when done. In the Designer Software do I make it the 7" longer or just leave it the actual length?

If in Designer Software its the actual length and then the machine measures the board it will ask "center on length", correct? Which means I could "keep under rollers" even though the software doesn't show that. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help

pkunk
09-03-2006, 09:49 AM
At this point make your board 7' longer and select keep under rollers.

cajunpen
09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Aaron, set your board deminsions in designer for the actual size that you wan the finished project to be. When you place the workpiece in the CW machine, make sure that is 7" longer than your designed project and when you select to Keep Under Rollers you will be in good shape. Good luck, hope this helps.

Hanna
01-31-2007, 10:04 PM
If you do as cajunpen says here, is the machine going to leave 3.5 inches at the beginning end of the board before it begins carving or will it start at the front edge and go on from there?

menewfy
01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Hanna

as I understand it you will need a piece of wood 7 inches longer than your project. this will leave 3.5 before and after the project. this will allow the wood to be always under the rollers keeping it level which will keep the project protected from chip out.

hope this helped