PDA

View Full Version : Best of Times and Worst of Times

ironsides
02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Fellow CarveWrighter's.

Since last Sep 2009, I have ventured from the C/W CNC world to the ShopBot CNC world. I did this for many reasons, but I want you all to know that the CarveWright machine and the associated Software, including the STL Importer is still a first class system in my mind.

I still have my CarveWright machine and am not ready to sell it. I have carved some beautiful signs and plaques on the CW and have yet to match those on the ShopBot. The Text carving options on the CW with the associated Draft options are much easier to do with the CW.

CenterLine or Vector Carving are about the same on each system.

I have also enjoyed the Project of the Month, but my year subscription is up now.

I guess my main problem with the CW was the QC, which I replaced later with the "Rock Chuck", which solved a lot of problems, but there were many others which as a retired machinist/Mfg Engineer I felt I didn't need to deal with. The ShopBot, of course, has its own problems as well,

I learned a great deal on this Forum and thank you all for your postings.

ironsides

temler
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
it sounds like you might be leaving us, is that true? You have to check in every once in a while if you are leaving us.
take care
Tim

Metalhead781
02-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Try veric for advanced options for your shopbot cut 3d is good aspire is everything you could ever need. Once i get to the point i can afford another machine i know a gentleman in michigan that builds a nice 24x48x5 4 axis unit i'm gonna get my hands on someday. Price is about that of two new carvewrights. Shhhh don't tell anyone at the office.

ironsides
02-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Try veric for advanced options for your shopbot cut 3d is good aspire is everything you could ever need. ......

Actually I am using Aspire for my ShopBot jobs. I can see a lot of similarities between the CarveWright Designer and Aspire.

ironsides

liquidguitars
02-24-2010, 10:51 AM
I can see a lot of similarities between the CarveWright Designer and Aspire.

ironsides,

From the demo I used a few back " I still have not recovered mentally from the experience" Aspire or Veric is no way near the quality of LHR's Designer in any form.

I feel bad for the Shopbot owners that have to run it.:mrgreen:

GO USA!