PDA

View Full Version : Processor not working

bobreda
09-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Just got the carvewright back from Texas, two weeks behind on a project that I started for a church. Put the wood in, cherry about 12"wide 52 inches long, last piece that needs done to start putting it together. Turned on the machine and all I get on the processor are small quare blocks going across the screen. Of course this is labor day weekend, I tried calling, and I'm sure I'll get a call back. But in the meantime does anyone know what I can do to get going?

Bob

Ron Baird
09-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Bob
You will get the blocks on the screen if the memory card is not in the M/C or if it is not making a good connection. there is also a plug in cable on the inside of the keyboard that can only be accessed by taking the side pannel off the M/C
Hope this helps!
Ron Baird

bobreda
09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks Ron,

I will take a look at it in the morning.

Bob

Ron Baird
09-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Bob
Another thing to check is your memory card. It may have lost it's firmware logic. I have had this happen but I can not remember what it displayed. If you put it back on your computer and click on flash manager it will check the firmware and reload it if it needs to.
Ron

ditchdoc
09-03-2006, 03:05 PM
You may know this, but you should always insert the memory card in the machine BEFORE turning it on. When I forget this, I get the blocks.

bobreda
09-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks Guys,

It must have been a combo of things(especially putting the memory card in first :shock: ) I got to tear it down and put it back together again, but I figure thats the way you learn about your machine. It had a few fatal errors when it first started, but its been running fine for 3 hours now, with another 3 1/2 hours to go. Appreciate all the help I get here.

Thanks Again
Bob