PDA

View Full Version : Get to Sears!!!

tlipome
02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi all, this is my first post here so I am not sure where this should go.
I was at Sears last night and found that they have all their Compucarve accessories on clearance. I got the following:
Edge bit set: $86.97
Basic bit set $42.97
1/8" cutting bit $22.97
1/16" carving bit $15.97
No one was sure why they were being clearanced but I grabbed what little they had.

rncurrie
02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Great price
I just called the stors in Battlecreek MI. and Ft wayne IN. when they had some left the price wasn't quite as good of course they are out now.
Its good to see someone get a break.
Richard

www.go3d.us
02-22-2010, 06:47 PM
It's $49.99 now :(

HillbillyBill
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
I've contacted sears parts to purchase replacement parts for my machine. I contacted carvewright too. Tried to call them, forget about that... How can you get replacement parts????

From Sears:
Part MWMA2051 STABELIZER
Order # W954666
Item status history
Date Status
02/13/2010 Ordered
Part has been processed in the system, but status from the supplier is not yet available.

can't order directly from Carvewright.

the part is the clutch. I can't raise or lower my machine. When I took the handle, spring etc off, I found the clutch broken in three places. Looks like a washer with thee clutch points in it.

On the exploded parts manual: http://www.carvewright.com/images/service/Maintenence/CW_parts_list_manual.pdf

Side Panel and Crank Assembly
its part number: 147

Any idea how I can get this part? the machine is useless without it...

Al

roughcut
02-23-2010, 12:45 PM
I've contacted sears parts to purchase replacement parts for my machine. I contacted carvewright too. Tried to call them, forget about that... How can you get replacement parts????

From Sears:
Part MWMA2051 STABELIZER
Order # W954666
Item status history
Date Status
02/13/2010 Ordered
Part has been processed in the system, but status from the supplier is not yet available.

can't order directly from Carvewright.

the part is the clutch. I can't raise or lower my machine. When I took the handle, spring etc off, I found the clutch broken in three places. Looks like a washer with thee clutch points in it.

On the exploded parts manual: http://www.carvewright.com/images/service/Maintenence/CW_parts_list_manual.pdf

Side Panel and Crank Assembly
its part number: 147

Any idea how I can get this part? the machine is useless without it...

Al
I ordered these parts on line using the link that was posted on the forum
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=133.217540
and recieved an e-mail stating Estimated Arrival Date
Monday, February 22, 2010
today is the 23rd still no parts and when I view history I get
Ordered
So I guess they have to get their parts from CW. I am glad it is the machine I am trying to rebuild instead of the one I am using. But like all things this too shall pass.
But I still think patience is a waste of time.

Item total $100.44
Shipping $ 15.99
Sales tax $7.03
Total $123.46
MWMP1099 HANDLE SHAFT
Qty: 1 $2.99 $2.99 Ordered on 02/12/10 View History
P008-00033 BELT DRIVE
Qty: 1 $13.49 $13.49 Ordered on 02/12/10 View History
MWMA2051 STABELIZER
Qty: 2 $36.49 $72.98 Ordered on 02/12/10 View History
MWMP1093 LEADSCREW BE
Qty: 2 $5.49 $10.98 Ordered on 02/12/10 View History
Featured brands:

Cabinetdesigner
02-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Went to sears today got the edging set for $75.97 and the basic set for $42.97 thanks for the info.

temler
02-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi all

I have some good news I think. I have done a lot of phone calling to sears and a lot of other places, I am glad I have cheep long distance, I just got kind of nervous by some of the conversations on here about sears not selling the CC any more or parts going to be hard to get or CW going out of business and on and on what a bunch of rumors. I think I have gotten to the bottom of a lot of this and within the next couple months should show up at the stores and everywhere else. Parts easy to get to and machine not going anywhere. So what I know and have gotten it from more than I person high up at sears and other places.

I know that parts should be back at sear very soon, a lot of CC parts are sent out of IN or was it IL was one of the two, they take care of most of sears CC parts orders and that will get faster with the new shipments that will be there sometime within the next 6 to 8 weeks, that doesn't mean that parts are not available right now but things should be a lot better in 2 months so all I got is be patient. There is going to be a lot more parts in the supply chain soon so I think we have all jumped the gun about are new love living us, I think it was just a big growing pain. I also know sear is just redoing what to carry at the store if it has sat on the shelf for a year then they’re not going to carry it at the store anymore you will have to order and get it in a couple days, all the machine at a cheap price for recondition are almost gone they had the goal of all "A" machines to be out of there store, they are not making enough money on bits and maybe be selling other that might work, not sure on the bits just heard that from one management above store level. So sears is not getting out of CC as far as I could get from all of them but they want stock to be new machine except for reconds and want to make sure they make more on those and not have as many extra on the shelf that never sell, they said why carry two of something at every store that will not sell in a year that a lot of money just wasted and most of the time something happens to the item and get gets sold below cost and can't afford that.
Now for the part problems with the X gears as I said before that was just no one wanting to make the change on the computer that the part number was changed, they still can get you some of the one gear separate but they want to change it all over to the one mounting plate instead of two so there is less movement of the gears. but sears now should have that cross over to the right part number soon, I also heard some other parts might be put as one and sold as recond parts or complete parts and not sell all the individual parts, I think one is going to be the crank assembly will be sold as one piece, I think. I just think I have got a lot of information the last few dates and know now that things are going to be a lot better in the near future and also that neither are going out of business. In fact a rumor a long way around type or rumor says that there is going to be new things for the CW and CC and some day there might even be another model. But don't quote me on this till I find more than one person to tell me this, no one else disagrees with it but they will not tell me yes either. So I think it all comes down to good news, by spring we should be able to get parts on a timely manner, and machine will be available, for both CC/CW. I can't wait to hear what they are going to do to our machine. The metal member of my family.

Take care and I am sure not many of you wanted to hear all of this but I am sure some were concerned like me, so I did all the calling for all of us, So I think if we can be patient with both LHR and Sears for another couple months things will be a lot better and there is other new things going to happen but don't know if it will be this year. We need to stand behind LHR and try giving them a little room to grow. Boy that sounds like I own stock in them, No I don't, I just think they have a great idea and need to keep building on it.
Take care all sorry for the long email. But I have spent hours in voice mail jail in the last few days, and now I get to make all of you hear what I heard. ha

Take care
Tim:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Cabinetdesigner
02-26-2010, 09:03 PM
the sears in tulsa still has 8 of the cutting bits for $15.97 each and (1) of the edging bit sets for $75.00. I bought 2 of the carving and 2 of the cutting bits. I really needed the cutting bits the bit that came with the machine will not stay in the holder Im guesing the allen screw is messed up. the bits I bought from sears seem to have the set screws lock tighted in. I am trying to cut oak and have it set at 1/8" per pass is this too much?

DocWheeler
02-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Cabinetdesigner,

I have not had any problems with using .3" max cutouts, you can go quite a bit more than the .125" that you are using in my opinion.

Cabinetdesigner
02-26-2010, 09:57 PM
thanks doc I will give it a try. I have a question I bout the edging bits do I have to use sleds to use the edging bit?