PDA

View Full Version : Scale To Length (and/or width)

wlhtrain
08-31-2006, 07:20 PM
How do you get past this? I've seen postings on this problem before but have not been able to locate them. I've meassured the length of the board and adjusted the soft ware up and down but can not get past this. If I press enter then it resizes the project! Not at all desirable!

Also the help and manual / handbook with the software are not very search friendly. Any plans to update this? Problems found wih this subject are as follows:

Length switchs to lighting and scale doesn't find anything. Most of what I found in help refoers only to the software. Is there anything with help for the machine other than the FAQ on the web site?

cmorlier
09-01-2006, 11:48 AM
If these prompts are your only options (other than reloading the board), then the machine has measured the board as being smaller than the board size specifed in the project. If your board is very close to what you specify in the project, then it may scale, but the scaling should be almost unnoticeable.

We do plan to improve the manuals, and help at some point.

wlhtrain
09-01-2006, 04:51 PM
The meassurement of the board was short by .07 inches. The design was 15 inches and the machine measured 14.93.

When it scaled the project it was almost half the original size.

I did manage to get around this by answering "No" to keep under the rollers. Is it possible to add an option to center on length or recommend to not keep under rollers? I thought if I had more than 7 inches (3.5 or more on each end then it would work. I guess I was lucky in the past and hit the right ratio on earlier projects.

Still learning the size and shape of the envelope. Thanks for the response.

cmorlier
09-01-2006, 05:12 PM
The "Keep Under Rollers" thing catches a lot of people. I am not completely happy with how we do it right now, but for a variety of technical reasons, I don't know how to make it better yet.

The good news is that once it catches you a time or two, then you know how to avoid problems.

If your board is designed with at least 3.5 inches uncarved at each end, and the real board you use is at least as big as the designed board, then you should be completely safe in just saying "No" to the "Keep Under Rollers" prompt.