PDA

View Full Version : Maintaince

Mike N
08-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Could anyone explain in detail what I need to do and when and how often on maintaining the machine? I read about grease but where do you put it and when and how often and what brand. What other materials do I need and how do I use them? What else should I be looking out for on the machine? Basically right now all I have is the machine, bits and a high power vacuum.

thanks

Mike N

BobHill
08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Your best bet, Mike, would be to check through all the forum topics, but besides the usual sawdust cleaning, and generally observing, like cleaning the sensor heads, etc. the most maintenance would be to white grease the bit drive cable. As the other posts will tell you, however, DO NOT over grease it. I won't repeat the process as it's already been posted many times, but unless you are finding the cable very hot (too hot to handle) it probably doesn't need further greasing until you get the notice on the Display panel,which counts the hours of running.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Mike N
08-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Bob, It gets me scared when you say the word "ETC". I don't know what else needs to be done. Also how do you clean the sensor heads, where are they and how often do you do it? Is all this in a manual?

BobHill
08-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Mike,

Etc. means that if it's not specifically mentioned, and nothing appears to be "different" than when running normally, and you aren't getting any machine message on your display telling you to do something or check something, then all should be working well as long as it's doing the cutting well, as it's supposed to do. Generally, you'll get messages to clean the sensors at times, even when you believe it should be clean. Cleaning the top rollers is a good idea on a fairly regular basis also, but that sort of goes with the general clean up of your belt. From what I've heard/seen posted, unless the machine has a specific problem, outside of sawdust removal, maintaining the cable is the most you really have to do, but the biggest problem with that usually is people over lubricating it. Take the cable out and work the greese into the coils of the cable without having a heavy buildup between the cable and it's tube.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida