PDA

View Full Version : Trying My First 2 Sided Carve - 1 File or 2?

5twenty
02-20-2010, 03:45 AM
When I start carving a 2 sided carve will the machine tell me to turn the board over to cut the second side or is that a completely seperate carve? I don't see a way to upload only one side to the CarveWright machine so I'm presuming it takes only one file and after the first side is carved the machine will tell me to flip the board.

Also when I flip the board I do it so the same end of the board touches the brass roller for each side. right? i.e. if a hole was drilled that was directly over the brass roller it would also be directly over the brass roller after the board is flipped.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me to get this far.

Griz64
02-20-2010, 04:04 AM
When you do a double sided carve it will carve the backside first then tell you to flip the board so it can carve the front side. If you need the 2 different sides to line up you want to flip the board width wise and not lengthwise. Since u said you had a hole in it or that your going to drill then I would assume you need things to line up therefore flip it width wise.

www.go3d.us
02-20-2010, 04:22 AM
if a hole was drilled that was directly over the brass roller it would also be directly over the brass roller after the board is flipped.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me to get this far.

If the hole is over the brass roller, when you flip the board the hole will be on the Sliding Guide Plate.

5twenty
02-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the help. You guys saved me a piece of wood and at least a couple hours of carving time. Much appreciated.