PDA

View Full Version : Placing Tabs On a Two Sided Carve.

5twenty
02-20-2010, 12:51 AM
The photo below is a piece that is carved on both sides. When I draw a line connecting the cutout and the non-cut out the "Place Tabs" icons lights up and I push it but I don't see any tabs going in. Does this hav anything to do with being a two sided carve.

I've attached the .mpc file in case anyone can show me how.

I'm sooooo close to getting this carved, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Dan

AskBud
02-20-2010, 01:21 AM
The photo below is a piece that is carved on both sides. When I draw a line connecting the cutout and the non-cut out the "Place Tabs" icons lights up and I push it but I don't see any tabs going in. Does this hav anything to do with being a two sided carve.

I'm sooooo close, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Dan

The "Place Tabs" function is not designed for that purpose, at the present time. It is only applied if you are doing "Pierced" carving with a field within that Pierce that needs tabs.

When you apply a cut-out path you may raise your tabs as high as 1/4". However, if your carve on the back is that deep, or deeper, those tabs will not work. In some cases you will need to draw "Carve Areas" and set the height of those areas the way you wish.

I have several lessons/links in my "Download" section, below< that will help you understand the concepts. Two links would be "Frame Elements" and "2 Sided Cow".
AskBud

5twenty
02-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks, Bud. I'm downloading that 2-sided cow now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

UPDATE: I made the circular tabs and when I put them on both sides of the carving, on top of each other, it works. Thanks very much for your help.