PDA

View Full Version : Card Initialization Error message

alan.galbraith
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I have two pcs with the designer 1.153 installed and "REGISTERED". When I go to load a project onto the card I get the dreaded Card Initialization error message. The Card programmer is recognized by Windows, I have the green light, no red light, The card is read by the CW.

I called support and they told me to buy a new card programmer, which I did, and received and tried and to no avail, it still doesn't work. Could two card programmers be bad? Any suggestions.

MCGEE2SKINNER
02-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Allan
Try a another usb port I had the same problem until I changed ports.
JIM

alan.galbraith
02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
I have tried all available usb ports.

alan.galbraith
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Are there any USB drivers that might need to be reloaded. I didn't see any thing when I installed the software.

Jeff_Birt
02-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Maybe the card itself is bad?

alan.galbraith
02-18-2010, 12:45 PM
I kind of had an idea that it might be that, but support told me it was the card programmer. I am buying my card from Lowes. No shipping if sent to the store. I was charged by LHR for shipping almost as much as the card programmer. I'll let you all know what the end results are.

I'm just hoping this machine isn't turning into a money pit.

Wilbur
02-18-2010, 01:29 PM
What kind of a warranty does Lowes give on the CW ?

Wilbur

alan.galbraith
02-18-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not talking about the machine itself, I'm talking about parts. I'll let you know when I go to pick up my card at the store. They do sell the carvewright online and it sells for 1699.

alan.galbraith
02-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Received my new memory card thru Lowes on Wednesday. It works perfectly. I asked LHR if they would take back the Card Programmer that they misdiagnosed and if I would get a full refund including shipping. Guess what? I can only get refunded for the Card Programmer not the shipping.

I say to all, Buy thru Lowes, no shipping charges........