PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it sucks to be Canadian!

Frederick_P
02-17-2010, 10:10 AM
So I have been trying for about two months now to get some parts from Carvewright Canada. I spoke to George Caron who assured me that they would be forthcoming. Now there is no response to my emails or phone calls. It looks like the web site has gone inactive as there have been no updates for months.

So I wrote LHR and asked them if I could order from them and have it shipped to Canada. So far I have had no response so I guess the answer is "No".

I just wanted to get some spare parts to have on hand in case things go south with the machine or if LHR goes bankrupt and I can't get parts any more. I wanted a flex shaft, a couple of sets of brushes for the cut motor, any all of those plastic gears that people keep talking about needing, or any other parts and pieces that would be good to have on hand.

So if anyone has these parts that they would like to sell, then please let me know. Or, if there are any of you Yanks who would like to help out a guy from the great white north, it would be swell if you could get the parts for me and ship them up. Hey, it could be a good business selling to all the Canuks who seem to be left out in the cold.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

liquidguitars
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Parts online (http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=133217540&productCategoryId=0716000&brandId=0247&modelName=COMPUCARVE&diagramPageId=00008&componentDescription=TRUCK%20ASY&documentId=50032312&blt=06)

cnsranch
02-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Fredrick

I believe Jason at littleredwoodshop.com can help you as well.

flamesrule
02-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey Fredrick I am with. I am in Calgary and had the
same problem with George I don't think he is ever at
the office I had some very intresting coversations
with numerous time about the crappy service I was
getting from him. At one point I ordered a part from the
states and it got hear before the part I ordered from
George.where abouts are you in the great white north??

geocan
02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi guys, George here. I have read your posts obviously and got the message loud and clear. I will not attempt to "save" myself or justify anything, I have no "defense". Please bare with me as I change my routine and schedule in an attempt to better serve you and the Canadian Market. I am located in Eastern Canada, more precisely the Ottawa area.

Frederick_P
02-18-2010, 08:28 AM
George,
Thanks for getting back to me and the others. I know we would all like to have a Canadian supplier we can rely on. I spoke to another member by phone and we discussed the possibility of setting up a Canadian Users Group in order to provide a support system, consolidate orders to save on shipping costs and to provide a base for Canadian users to communicate. If anyone is interested in this, then please reply to this post. I have no idea what the logistics would be to set up such a group but I am confident that with enough people there will also be enough expertise.

geocan
02-18-2010, 08:52 AM
This Group is something that I can truly see working. I completely support the idea and if there are any resources that I have which can be of assistance in setting up or maintaining, please let me know. We have a lot of geography between us, not to mention the time zones. I have working at developing a Dealership network through which Tech Support and Replacement parts will be available throughout the Country, but this is a "Slow" process. I look forward to hearing more about the Group and it's progress.

flamesrule
02-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Hey Fred,

This is Rod we spoke on the phone yesterday morning YES YES YES.I am totaly into doing this and if you need help with it let me know.Hey George i have a quick question.Some time back you had mentioned that KMS Tools were going to be selling parts for the machines is that still a go or has that been put to the back burner just wondering.

geocan
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Hey Rod, KMS have only recently decided to become a Dealer and carry the machine, I have had some dicscussions with their Alberta Rep regarding the possibilities of having both a Service Depot and Spare Parts warehouse, but this make take a bit more discussions as the way I understand it their current Techs are extremely busy. I am still working on them though

flamesrule
02-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Well that's great if we could get the service as well.
Cause we all know how hard it is for us Canadian
people to get service done if it's a major fix on the
machine that is needed keep us posted..
Thanks George

Pratyeka
02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
This is a very interesting development worth watching for all of us Canadian. Please make it easy for everyone to keep informed of your progress by posting here. Easy to find.
While true that this will take time, just by posting your needs you may find that people will be willing to fill those needs.

This also shows that deficient service may be a symptom rather than a root cause.

liquidguitars
02-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Why not just order through Sears parts direct?

LG

flamesrule
02-18-2010, 01:53 PM
If we order the parts though sears we are still having to
jump though hoops to get the parts here in Canada. We
can get parts here in Canada through George but sometimes
it. Just doesn't happen as quick as we want. Cause I do
belive George is on his own running the market here...

liquidguitars
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
If we order the parts though sears we are still having to
jump though hoops to get the parts here in Canada

Can you elaborate?

LG

Frederick_P
02-18-2010, 02:08 PM
If there is no problem with ordering through Sears direct, and if there continues to be problems getting parts through the Canadian distributor, then a users group would be able to take advantage of their numbers by consolidating their order to save on shipping. However, if the members are from different parts of Canada (likely) then the parts would still have to be redistributed. In this case, it may be better for individuals to order themselves through Sears if George is unable to service the Canadian Market. But even if the parts need to be redistributed through regular mail via Canada Post, it is still better than waiting months for the parts, especially if your machine is down because of it.

However, if it proves problematic to get parts through Sears, then perhaps an entrepreneurial individual or company from the States may wish to step in to fill this need.

In any case, it's not just about parts. It is also about support and networking. Let's just see how much interest there is in this idea.

WRW
02-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi Frederick
Hows that kitchen coming along, it must be getting close. I haven't noticed any new photos posted.
Hope you and the Oleanna had a great holiday season.
Quick question for you, if I may. Do you recall where you got your "O Rings' from I just got a couple of errors I believe are due to its age, and if I remember correctly you said you picked up yours locally.

Have a great day!

Frederick_P
02-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Richard,
I got the O rings from "Parts Source" off of McNight and Edmonton TR. But I suspect you could get them pretty much anywhere as they are a standard size.
The Kitchen is on hold until I get the parts from George (or whoever) as I am over 250 hours on the machine and I don't want to push my luck until I do a preventative maintenance overhaul. Mostly I am concerned about the cut motor brushes. I believe that the CW machine, as with your family car, will run a lot longer if you do regular maintenance, keep it lubricated and, of course, free of debris. (Shameless plug for my dust collection plans).

fwharris
02-18-2010, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=Frederick (Shameless plug for my dust collection plans).[/QUOTE]

Nice plug indeed!!

Frederick_P
02-26-2010, 06:43 PM
The parts requested arrived today. I just wanted to let the other Canuks out there know that George seems to be back on the ball. George, I apologize if I gave you a hard time. It's great to have a Canadian supplier!

geocan
03-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I am still working at finding a Western Service Depot for lack of better words. I have been talking with KMS and the addidtion of a Regional Manager for Alberta will certainly help the cause. I will keep you all posted as to when this could happen.