PDA

View Full Version : Stripped cog on Z-drive

Eagle Hollow
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know if just the gears are available or will I have to buy a new motor to get them?

Digitalwoodshop
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Now that is a first..... Pictures please....

I don't know the answer to your question but would love to see pictures and find out what you were doing when this happened.....

AL

Eagle Hollow
02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Now that is a first..... Pictures please....

I don't know the answer to your question but would love to see pictures and find out what you were doing when this happened.....

AL

I'll take pictures when I get to the shop. I'm quite sure it was caused by "operator error". I've been dealing with Z stalls so decided to get a closer look at the machinery. The flex shaft didn't lift out like normal so I gave it a sharp tug. That may have caused the cog to break off. I can't remember but I think I was hearing the noise prior to that by manually moving the z truck up and down assuming it was a bad bearing. Pics to follow later today.

Thanks Al. Was hoping you would jump in.

Eagle Hollow
02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
One cog is missing

DocWheeler
02-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Jerry,

It would be nice to be able to get those gears as separate parts. I had a problem with one on the Y motor.

If you are able to get a new gear, let us know so I can salvage an otherwise good motor assembly.

Digitalwoodshop
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a job for our supper HERO... :mrgreen:RJustice:mrgreen:.

AL

Eagle Hollow
02-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Jerry,

It would be nice to be able to get those gears as separate parts. I had a problem with one on the Y motor.

If you are able to get a new gear, let us know so I can salvage an otherwise good motor assembly.

Ken,
I'm looking but I'll probably have to buy the whole assembly @$62.50 plus S&H.

If I find a source for just the gear, I'll post.