PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with cut path

bjwisdom
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Whenever try to do a cut out, the machine is not cutting all the way through. It is about 1/8 inch shy. I've measure the thickness of the board and entered the correct dimension. Any ideas?

dbfletcher
02-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Whenever try to do a cut out, the machine is not cutting all the way through. It is about 1/8 inch shy. I've measure the thickness of the board and entered the correct dimension. Any ideas?

Have you run the depth calibration routines? If not, I would start there.

Doug Fletcher

AskBud
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Using the same cutting bit, what happens when you "drill" a hole? Does it go all the way through?

A week ago, you had trouble with Z-Axis stalls, has that been resolved?
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14454&highlight=machineback
AskBud

cnsranch
02-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Could the bit flag be bent up?

bjwisdom
02-15-2010, 02:29 PM
I spoke with tech support on the stall error and they had me reformat my card. That worked on the stall. I haven't run the calibration but I will do that. Then I will try drilling a hole first. I don't think the bit flag is bent. The machine just had a pretty comprehensive overhaul at lhr.

Digitalwoodshop
02-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Bent bit flag can cause it too and watch when the bit touches the right side guide plate. It ducks down into the U shaped area first then touches the plate at the bottom of the U. If you placed a Quarter on the right side guide, I believe it would do that too... Thinking that the bottom of the board is the thickness of a quarter above the sand paper belts.

AL

hogiewan
02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
are you just assigning a bit to a path or are you choosing the cutout? It makes a difference

bjwisdom
02-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the responses. I recalibrated and it seems to be working fine!