PDA

View Full Version : Thanks MT for the POM!!

c6craig
02-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Well...another great POM and my hat is off to MT. Even with all the challenges I hit on this project I was still able to pull it off in time and the wife loved it.

Had a few recoveries along the way, but I dont think you can notice them if you arent looking for them. Isn't that what all woodworkers say though? :p

I managed to smear the red heart paint everywhere when I thought I would substitute clear shellac for the final coat instead of the spray can Krylon MT recommended. Also managed to snap half a handle side off because when I did my dry fit on glue up I didnt seat the handles all the way down, just an inch or so since I hadnt squared them up yet. I just used the same epoxy that was called for to glue the handles on to glue the broken piece back on, fortunately it was a clean snap and the glue line is almost invisible.

I filled the basket with all kinds of kids type Valentines stuff and candy, and she had a lot of fun with it.

Thanks again to Michael for taking the time to make such wonderful projects for us, I enjoy and learn something from each one!!

Craig

fwharris
02-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Craig,

Great recovery on the basket. Looks great and nice touch with all of the Valentine goodies!!

mtylerfl
02-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Craig,

Thank you for the kind words, but most of all, thank you for sharing the pics of your finished project - it looks great! I certainly can't see any evidence of trouble - looks perfect! Super job!

RayTrek
02-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Wow!
Assume and good on you Craig.
Cheers.

lawrence
02-15-2010, 08:31 AM
well done-- that looks just great! Sorry I wasn't more specific when I said you can put on the final topcoat within an hour.... I should have spelled out that I was speaking of a spray topcoat

No matter though, because that just looks awesome

Lawrence

eelamb
02-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Craig, nicely done. Bet it will be a keep sake for years to come. Now how are you going to top that next year;)

c6craig
02-15-2010, 06:01 PM
MT - Thanks, I couldn't have done it without your POM. As always, you have outdone yourself. I wish we could do double POM month sometimes :)

Raytrek - thanks for the kind words! I have many times admired your work on here!

Lawrence - Thanks for the compliment and no worries on the topcoat mixup. It was all me, I just chalk it up to a valuable learning tool :) Finishes have always been my weakness.

Eddie - Thanks, I guess MT will just have to design us a bigger basket next year :) LOL

Craig

PCW
02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Craig,

Way to go. That had to make your wife's day.

temler
02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
boy that project alone makes me want to join the POM club, I will as soon as some funds come my way.
absolutly great project. and great great doing the project.

take care all, i am getting tired of snow, another 7 inches today. Normal high for this time of year is supose to be 45. O well not normal weather and for a not normal person. :mrgreen:

more later
Tim