PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I get a carve region

gumbo
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Making this arrow of light for a friend. The arrow looks good but I can not get the top rays to make a carve region like the arrow. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please explain?

dbfletcher
02-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Making this arrow of light for a friend. The arrow looks good but I can not get the top rays to make a carve region like the arrow. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please explain?

the bottom left corner was not closed.

Doug Fletcher

fwharris
02-14-2010, 03:36 PM

The 2 bottom left points were not attached to each other.

zoom in real close and you can see they are off just a bit.. I moved the right one to the left until I got the "red star" around them and then the carve region came on..

EDIT: Doug got to it first...LOL

AskBud
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM

You need all lines connected. Your's is easy. The Left ray line needs to be pulled down ever so slightly to touch the Arc. When it is in the correct place the red marker will GLOW.

We just had this same problem where the solution was shown.
AskBud

Using Depth Profile to fine the possible open point.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=120935&postcount=4

gumbo
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
DA! Thanks guys I was racking my brains but do you think I saw that.

AskBud
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
DA! Thanks guys I was racking my brains but do you think I saw that.

When ever you use "Connected" lines, you must see the Start and End points GLOW as you finish. It's also nice to know that the Depth Profile helps us find that point when necessary.
AskBud