PDA

View Full Version : Help-White Paper Test

jesseo
02-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Sad to say, but I've never ran nor have had the need to use the "white paper" test. I read several posts and surmised how to proceed, problem is, under my user options, there is not a board sensor test listed on there. If anyone had a clue as to how to get to this option, your help and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

rjustice
02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Just turn the machine on with the memory card inserted, Hit #0 (options button), then hit #7 (or scroll down to sensors), then arrow down a couple times to board sensor...

bjbethke
02-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Sad to say, but I've never ran nor have had the need to use the "white paper" test. I read several posts and surmised how to proceed, problem is, under my user options, there is not a board sensor test listed on there. If anyone had a clue as to how to get to this option, your help and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:
I'm not sure if you understand what that sensor does? Different color woods will give you a reading of how low reading can be to give you a board reading. If you have a pure white board that should give you a reading of what your sender is reading. It first senses the width then the length. The length is also tied into the roller switches. If you are having problems with the width or length of your board. The white paper is a good place to start it sees if that reading is about 150. If not you could have pinched wires, broken wires or just blocked with saw dust. Think about how many times that assembly moves up and down. If you do not use your machine too hard it should hold up and give you great service. Get to know that machine it can do great things for you.

Digitalwoodshop
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
The White paper trick just gives you a standard to make a reading against. My white paper number is the same as your white paper number. My board color and your board color may be different... The board sensor is looking for reflective light from the board....

AL