PDA

View Full Version : add to an existing carving

Tom
08-19-2006, 11:49 AM
:roll: Hi everyone I'm new to the carvewright machine. My question is can you put a piece of work that has been carved back into the machine afer you make a change or add something. Does it know enough to read the piece and add the change where you want it.

pkunk
08-19-2006, 09:07 PM
:roll: Hi everyone I'm new to the carvewright machine. My question is can you put a piece of work that has been carved back into the machine afer you make a change or add something. Does it know enough to read the piece and add the change where you want it.
I've done it many times. As long as you haven't changed the size of the wood.

Tom
08-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks for your quick response. I haven't purchased the carvewright yet but am trying to get all the info I can before I do. The software is easy to understand however there could be alot more 3D images added to the library. I can't figure out how to make round corners?[/list]

cmorlier
08-21-2006, 10:22 AM
There are a few caveats to this. Primarily, if your carving carved the edges of the board, then it probably won't be able to measure properly and positioning may be a little difficult.

Also, the machine won't know where the board has been carved before and will simply recarve the board. One way around this is to update you project in the designer and then remove the parts that have already been carved (if they are separable).