PDA

View Full Version : Saved MPW file names revert back to original file name

fwharris
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
When I save and edited mpw and rename it then re open the edited file the file name reverts back to the original file name. Does that make sense?

Example, original name is "teddy bear frame".

I erase/crop out everything except the teddy bears and do a "save as" and name it "teddy bears". I then close out of the file. then open "teddy bears"

The file name that shows at the top is "teddy bear frame". It should be "teddy bears".

Also get the same results when saving as a pattern..

Anyone seeing the same thing?

fwharris
02-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Another error that goes with this is,

When I save it as a pattern into a different folder and then open the pattern in PE, the file name on top shows "unnamed". I have to "save as" and re name it as the same name and click on the "replace file" when I save it to get to save as the correct name...

These problems are not new for me, finally getting around to reporting them..

Jeff_Birt
02-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Part#1) Answer: The name displayed at the top of the Pattern Editor window is not the file name, it is the Pattern name. If you go to Edit->Pattern Settings you can change the Pattern name. The Pattern name is what gets shown in your Pattern Library 'Favorites'.

Part#2) Answer: That is a bug.

fwharris
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Part#1) Answer: The name displayed at the top of the Pattern Editor window is not the file name, it is the Pattern name. If you go to Edit->Pattern Settings you can change the Pattern name. The Pattern name is what gets shown in your Pattern Library 'Favorites'.

Part#2) Answer: That is a bug.

Jeff,

Thanks for reading and replying to me on this. Still waiting for software to get back to me on it...

I accept your explanation on P 1 some what. When I save an edit with a "save as" mpw with a new name, then close and reopen the saved as new name it still shows the old name at the top. Should it not be the new name???

EDIT: Jeff, I tried the edit pattern setting and that fixed that issue. Thanks for the great info on that one!!

PT 2, Are there others having the same issue with "unnamed" file?
Have not seen any others posting that they are...

Jeff_Birt
02-18-2010, 08:49 AM
I understand the Pt 2 will be fixed in an upcoming release. It has been a bug in the last few versions.

fwharris
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I understand the Pt 2 will be fixed in an upcoming release. It has been a bug in the last few versions.

Jeff,

Thanks!!!!

Learning something each and every day!!!:)