PDA

View Full Version : Needing some advice

Mike Witt
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I've had my machine for over a year and had most all the associated miscues that have been shown on the forum but now I'm reaching the end of my rope.
The rear sandpaper belt is tracking seriously to the contrl side of the machine, I've replaced the belts and cleaned and measured everything associated with this drive mechanism, I did the head alignment procedure and everything I can associate with the problem to no avail. I can reset the belt and when it measures a 36" long board the belt will end up 1/2 to 3/4 inch off center, I'm at a loss for the cause. I've tried several different boards all squared and planed flat nothing seems to help. I do know that my O-Ring needs to be replaced and if someone out there could give me the size that is the next thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Mike
guisado@elp.rr.com

c6craig
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I've had my machine for over a year and had most all the associated miscues that have been shown on the forum but now I'm reaching the end of my rope.
The rear sandpaper belt is tracking seriously to the contrl side of the machine, I've replaced the belts and cleaned and measured everything associated with this drive mechanism, I did the head alignment procedure and everything I can associate with the problem to no avail. I can reset the belt and when it measures a 36" long board the belt will end up 1/2 to 3/4 inch off center, I'm at a loss for the cause. I've tried several different boards all squared and planed flat nothing seems to help. I do know that my O-Ring needs to be replaced and if someone out there could give me the size that is the next thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Mike
guisado@elp.rr.com

Hi Mike,

Here is a thread where a member lists the replacement specs on his O ring that he got at Ace Hardware.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=8425&highlight=o+ring

Also, someone may chime in, I would look at the belt replacement instruction pdf, I think I recall something in there about a screw or tension belt that needed to be adjusted/aligned for the belt to track correctly. I think the replacement belts even come with a stop gauge to adjust it correctly.

Good luck,
Craig

Deolman
02-11-2010, 09:54 PM
As I recall when mine disappeared I replaced it with a 7/16" O.D. X 5/16" I.D. I picked it up at the local big box store in the plumbing department. Be sure to put it on the groove closest to the outside.

c6craig
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I stand corrected on the adjustment, it looks like it is set screws making sure the gear is spaced correctly. I still think that this may alter belt tracking, so you will want to make sure it is correct.

Good luck,
Craig