PDA

View Full Version : Had to call LHR today

Griz64
02-10-2010, 01:46 AM
I had something weird happen today. I had just finished a carve and cleaned the machine out like I normally do. I went to load another board and all of a sudden my wood stops moving and the machine is making a horrific noise. I turned it off as soon as I could. I called LHR and let them listen to it. We went thru a bunch of troubleshooting steps just like the script was right in front of him. Anyway he tells me to take off the plastic cover labeled "release" so I did and he asks me if I can move the big gear by hand...I can and he tells me that I need to break into the machine and do a little re-aligning. well frustratred and tired I called it a night. I will start fresh tomorrow and hope I get it fixed. I have 2 more Valentines projects due out to customers.

PCW
02-10-2010, 05:16 AM
Griz64,

Sounds like you stripped one of the X gears.

Griz64
02-12-2010, 01:22 AM
PCW-You are todays winner. I finally got off my backside and ripped into it and indeed found that on one of my stage 2 plastic gears I was missing several teeth. Called LHR back and told them what I found and the new set should be here sometime mid next week. That doesnt do me much good right now cuz I still have a project that needs to be done before Valentines day...man I wish this could have waited one more day. Actually if it had just waited another hour and a half I would be thrilled....oh well. Thats my tale, sad but true :roll:

mister_zed
02-12-2010, 05:36 AM
There is a law of when things break down... I don't know if it's one of Murphy's laws, but it says that whatever can break it will break in the most inappropriate moment. My X-gears broke a couple of weeks ago.

Just today I received the replacements... Not the s, I ordered more than one. A problem with your wood might break them.

And btw, before you replace the gears check also the sandpaper belts so they are not misaligned.