PDA

View Full Version : Litho's

lhanner
02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Will this work for lithos ?
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Sheeting
These sheets can be heat formed, shaped and welded to fabricate ducts, hoods, and much more. They have excellent corrosion resistance to a wide range of items. Cannot be cemented but are easily welded with plastic welder. Can be cut with wood saw and drilled with regular metal bits. Not UV stabilized but meets FDA standards. The High Density Polyethylene has a density .Density 0.95. Rigid, good impact resistance and abrasion resistance. Color white; translucent. Working temp. -60° to 180° F. Forming temp. is 295°F. Meets FDA standards.

Thanks
Lon

hess
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Will this work for lithos ?
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Sheeting
These sheets can be heat formed, shaped and welded to fabricate ducts, hoods, and much more. They have excellent corrosion resistance to a wide range of items. Cannot be cemented but are easily welded with plastic welder. Can be cut with wood saw and drilled with regular metal bits. Not UV stabilized but meets FDA standards. The High Density Polyethylene has a density .Density 0.95. Rigid, good impact resistance and abrasion resistance. Color white; translucent. Working temp. -60° to 180° F. Forming temp. is 295°F. Meets FDA standards.

Thanks
Lon

AL may know but try a piece if not

cnsranch
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
AL may know but try a piece if not

I guess the worst that can happen is you gum up your carving bit and have to spend a week or so cleaning it up:D

If it has basically the same specs as any cast acrylic you should be ok.

Digitalwoodshop
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I have seen HDPE blocks machined two places in my life.... In the Navy blocks were machined by my Brother for slides for a Periscope mountings and at Sony for machine slides. So it is machinable and with a sharp tool it should not melt.

Let us know how it works.

AL