PDA

View Full Version : code 299 ?????

onetexasoldman
02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
what is this - got it after 4 hrs into a carve

fwharris
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
What was the machine doing when you got the error? The numbers do not say much without knowing what the machine was doing at the time..

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
There is another part of that message that is the key... Z Stall 299, Y Stall 299, X Stall 299......

Did the carving eat up the board so a roller fell into a gap?

Did the board get to 3.5 inches from the end and came out from under the roller and JAMMED the bit..... Tips and Tricks 7 inch rule of wood...

Board Jammed in the X Direction due to the board tapered?

Let us know...

AL

onetexasoldman
02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
was carving - I pushed the stop button and it stopped for a second and started again so I opened the cover and then that is when I got the error.

onetexasoldman
02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I didn't see anything else like x or y
didn't eat up board - board still had 2' - carving looked fine up to that point but still had about an hour more carving to finish. Shaft was NOT hot

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
That could be the key..... Normally if you open the plastic cover the left cover switch tells the computer that you opened the cover and stops the machine via the computer. If that left switch is not working and the right switch turns off the cut motor the X, Y, Z Axis still moving, without the cut motor could Stall the machine....

Using Options and Sensor Data check and see if the Close cover Switch is working...

AL

onetexasoldman
02-07-2010, 07:14 PM
ok shows cover switch open when cover is closed - Left cover switch is all the way in - right switch you can hear the click in and out - how do you fix this?

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Left switch sometimes gets sawdust in it.... Some use Switch Contact Cleaner from Radio Shack... Or a blast of air... Might need to replace the switch...

So what happened is when you opened the cover the right switch worked and shut off the cut motor but the left switch should turn off the machine via the computer....

Pressing Stop is safer.....

Good Luck,

AL

Edit... Did I get that backwards..... Always Open.... In that case the machine won't start until you fix the switch....

Loose Switch Screws, Plug in the back of the machine came out, cover screws loose.

AL

onetexasoldman
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
ok think I got it fix now shows closed and when I open the cover shows open.
took the switch out and blasted it with wd40 and then some air.
Hope this works hate to go into another 4hrs and stop
Thanks for the help
Larry in the snow in the Rockies

fwharris
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Larry,

Looks like the expert got you fixed up. Your carving is not lost. You can either start it over and let it carve from the begining or in designer use the rectangle tool and cover the area that has been carved with the rectangle. Set a carve region with a depth of "0".
re save the project with a new name and re load to the card and start the carve. the machine might act a little funny and the start of the carve but it will start at the edge of your 0 carve region and complete the carve.

Light snow on the high plains of Colo..

onetexasoldman
02-07-2010, 08:47 PM
thanks for the info didn't know you could start from a spot.
The problem now is I am getting a z axis stall 309 after measuring board

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Larry,

Looks like the expert got you fixed up. Your carving is not lost. You can either start it over and let it carve from the beginning or in designer use the rectangle tool and cover the area that has been carved with the rectangle. Set a carve region with a depth of "0".
re save the project with a new name and re load to the card and start the carve. the machine might act a little funny and the start of the carve but it will start at the edge of your 0 carve region and complete the carve.

Light snow on the high plains of Colo..

Speaking of SNOW.... Dogged the Bullet.... NO Snow.... 30 inches south of us.....

OR you can just carve the whole project over again using the same setup.... It will cut the same path if done right.... OR you can use the Rectangle and Zero Method...

AL

fwharris
02-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Larry,

Not totally sure but I did a search and found these on the z stall 309

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14134&highlight=z+axis+stall+309

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13828&highlight=z+axis+stall+309

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13682&highlight=z+axis+stall+309

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13457&highlight=z+axis+stall+309

onetexasoldman
02-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info it will help. I hate to say it but has been running fine today. Do have to order a new left switch it has gone out again.