PDA

View Full Version : Ownership Transfer

rspringr
02-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I just bought a Carvewright from an individual and when installing the software it won't allow me to register it since it has already been registered. Is there any way to transfer this registration? Thanks Rick

c6craig
02-07-2010, 08:58 AM
As far as I know the only way to do this currently is with a call to LHR. They can transfer the ownership of the serial number, which will give you the CW software.

Pattern Editor, Centerline Text, and Scanning Probes are non transferrable.

Thanks,
Craig

will george
02-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I have no 'AXE TO GRIND' with LHR.. In fact ,they have always been nice to me...

However!

Their policy about the Pattern Editor, Centerline Text, and Scanning Probes are non transferrable is not reasonable in any streatch of MY imagination!

It sucks! And then some. Not a good way to get new users in my opinion.

It sort of reminds me of some software program I cannot use LEGALLY (As in.. Just using it on my Laptop and My home computer.. ONLY! (I can with my carveWRIGHT SO IT IS not AN ISSUE TO BE)) Yes many, if not most, need to do this without any thought of trying to 'rip off' ANYBODY. Expecially me! I gave LHR my cold hard cash for it. Why cannot it just be transfered to a new user that will use it and maybe order more stuff?

Sorry folks, I had to vent on this.

And as a added comment: I use to work in Service and Marketing.. We did this and lost some customers that never came back AND lost all the 'word of mouth' sales tools....

'word of mouth' sales tools are hard to get.. and hard to KEEP!

roughcut
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I just bought a Carvewright from an individual and when installing the software it won't allow me to register it since it has already been registered. Is there any way to transfer this registration? Thanks Rick

I am quoting this message so I won't change the original question . But I was wondering if I already have a CW and bought one with out the software would I beable to use the software from my CW to operate the one without software? I searched the form but couldn't find an answer.

Cabinetdesigner
02-07-2010, 11:28 AM
there is a way around this, use the account that the previous owner had and change the infomation to you. then call LHR and tell them what you have done, they will tell the machine is registered in your name. tell them you realize that and you changed it on line but all the licences are used up by the previose owner. they then will reset everything and you will have access to anything the previos owner has purchased through them including pattern editor and any pattern also. This is how it worked for me. the only down side is i have to use the previos owners screen name when logging in but I did change the password.

dbfletcher
02-07-2010, 11:31 AM
But I was wondering if I already have a CW and bought one with out the software would I beable to use the software from my CW to operate the one without software? I searched the form but couldn't find an answer.

If I'm understanding you questions correctly, then the answer is "yes". I also have two cw's. I bought the first new and the second used. i did call LHR and trasferring the egistration was a snap... but I have not had the need to install the other machines software licenses on any machine yet. I am still using the designer softwarefrom the first one to create all the projects for both machines. And I do have centerline & stl purchased for machine #1.

Hope that helps,

Doug Fletcher

roughcut
02-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I do thank you. Very much

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I have 4 machines, the first one new and the other 3 used. After getting the machines I called LHR and changed the ownership to me. The only thing that it did was allow me to install Designer on more computers..... No patterns or Centerline or pattern editor trasnsfered... NO Warranty on the other 3.

In my opinion it is good that LHR does not charge for basic Designer... It is a marketing tool for them.... What would make a 50 PLUS guy like me hesitate to buy a fancy Carving Machine would be my fear of learning the Software without calling a neighbor 15 year old for help.... This way we activate the 30 day FREE and find it EASY and BUY THE MACHINE.....

Now for charging for Centerline.... That Frosted me in the beginning.... But I made so much money using it... It's just another Software Tax Deduction for me... As for the NEXT person getting it for FREE....... If they did not have an Activation Required by LHR... People would TRADE it for FREE..... Charging..... It keeps the Lights on at LHR and that is a Good Thing.....

AL