PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright is now preforming a second board thickness check on startup ...

pjfiedler
02-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I have successfully carved several small pieces this afternoon, but now I'm seeing a new sequence of events from the Carvewright during the setup of a new carving.

The machine is now performing a second board thickness check during the second to last step in the setup process (one step from starting the carving). The problem is that it's not running the board thickness check over my board.

Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Phillip

chkorte
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Don't know if I can help but I have been having problems with my CW doing a jointing operation. Also when I measure thickness on a 3/4" board the CW tells me it is 1/2" thick and when I try to joint a 3/4" board the CW tells me it is to thick to joint. It will carve a pattern but won't cut one out. It says the board is to thick to cut through. When I talked to LHR they posed the question to the engineers and when they got back to me they said they are sending me a new Z-axis motor. Apparently the Z-axis motor has something to do with sensing board thickness. Am currently waiting on the new motor.

pjfiedler
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I ran a test with a different project and it worked fine (should have done this before I posted my problem :rolleyes:), so I think I know what's happening.

Both projects (the one that works and doesn't work) contain photos that have been place in a square 0.2" deep Carve Region where each photo is set to "Clip Carving: Inclusive" to hide the edges of the photo that are not in my frame (i.e., the carve region). The difference between the two projects is the non-working project has the photo hanging about 4-6 inches outside the carve region (even though it's been clipped). The other one only hangs an inch or two outside the area. Sounds like a software bug.

Phillip