PDA

View Full Version : were to buy just the cutting bit

henry1
02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Were can some one just buy the cutting bit not the adapter that goes with it

dbfletcher
02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Were can some one just buy the cutting bit not the adapter that goes with it

LHR now sells them without the adapter. When you add it to the cart, you are given an option of which adapter you would like. One of the options is "none".

Hope that helps,

Doug Fletcher

hogiewan
02-06-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.cw-parts.com/

same place you can get the Rock Chuck.

henry1
02-06-2010, 07:35 PM
LHR now sells them without the adapter. When you add it to the cart, you are given an option of which adapter you would like. One of the options is "none".

Hope that helps,

Doug Fletcher

was there at LHR the store and when you say none its still mark same price say 39.95 for one

c6craig
02-06-2010, 07:37 PM
They don't give you a discount for no adapter on the carving bit. Most other bits they knock off ten bucks but not for that one. I don't know why.

Thanks,
Craig

dbfletcher
02-06-2010, 07:45 PM
They don't give you a discount for no adapter on the carving bit. Most other bits they knock off ten bucks but not for that one. I don't know why.

Thanks,
Craig

I though someone from LHR said they did change the price to reflect "no adapter"... and if you add it it goes to $44ish. I might be wrong but that is my recollection.

Doug Fletcher

c6craig
02-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Last week I purchased a carving bit with adapter as well as one without. They were the same cost per my invoice.

They are just a digit off on the model number, here they are for reference:

BCR062A Carving Bit (Options: Adapter Status - w/ Bit Adapter)
$39.99

BCR062 Carving Bit (Options: Adapter Status - No Adapter)
$39.99

Thanks,
Craig

c6craig
02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I realize that you mentioned the cutting bit, please note that my post was for the carving bit. I only post this information because I assume it is the same thing you are running into for the cutting bit.

I assume that the carving and cutting bit are the "staples" of their bit sales and they charge the same regardless whether you want the adapter or not...again, just my assumption...

Craig

jab73180
02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
i just bought 2 cutting bits from amazon, same price as LHR but no shipping charges!!!! just remember to select 3 .26 cuts to avoid breaking bits.

henry1
02-07-2010, 03:48 AM
i just bought 2 cutting bits from amazon, same price as LHR but no shipping charges!!!! just remember to select 3 .26 cuts to avoid breaking bits.

When you order from amazon you wouldn't have the item # of this cutting bit
I would like to try it

Fardoche
02-07-2010, 05:41 AM
I'm using the Rotozip SabreCut....2.50$ ea. when bought in 16 pack

the do a clean cut and they are a lot cheaper!....

Jeff_Birt
02-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Please do not use Rotozip or Dremel bits! They are not designed for use in CNC machines and will bend and flex putting more stress on the chuck, Z-truck and the rest of the machine. Pretty soon you'll have a damaged machine and be wondering what happened.

henry1
02-07-2010, 08:40 AM

I did find them on amazon same price but no shipping charge and they are for cnc our caevewright machine and do also have it cut 3 to 4 time around especialy on hard wood thx for all the help