PDA

View Full Version : Centerline quality

Stephan
02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I make garden furniture out of western red cedar and I have many customers who want their chairs customized with their name or logo, so I purchased the CW. There will be a lot of lettering involved and it needs to be very professional and clean looking. Would anyone recommend using the Centerline software for this? Does it make a real difference in the quality of the lettering? Right now, I'm using what comes with the basic software. Thanks for any input.

Digitalwoodshop
02-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Centerline would be good for you to use... It opens up a bunch of possibilities that you just don't have with raster or outline text.... Plus there are so many FREE Fonts that you can load in your computer... Remember the CW uses the fonts that you have on your computer...

Good Luck,

AL

lawrence
02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
centerline makes a HUGE difference to both the cleanliness of the carve and the speed at which the job can get done... here's an example of how centerline will carve text

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1splDQy5aI

it really (really) makes a big difference (as does the rock chuck, though I didn't have it yet when I made this video)

Lawrence

CarverJerry
02-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Yep, makes all the difference in the world and is well worth the cost of it. Here is just a simple man cave sign using centerline text and painted in.

Stephan
02-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks so much for all of your input. I think I'm going to place an order. By the way - really am getting a lot of help and information on this forum!

hogiewan
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Centerline will look much better and carve much faster, but it will only carve on a flat surface. You can do raster letters on a curve