PDA

View Full Version : finished stool

oldjoe
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Well it is not as good as a lot of projects I see here but I thought I would post it anyway this is the finished stool with the four sided carves,

dbfletcher
02-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Dont sell yourself short. That is a great looking project. First of its kind as far as I can recall on here.

Great job!

Doug Fletcher

lawrence
02-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Very nice-- the legs remind me a bit of the classic "pineapple" carvings you sometimes see as legs or posts on beds-- thanks for sharing!
Lawrence

fwharris
02-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Joe,

I am with Doug, do not sell yourself short on this project as it is a first for me also. I would say it looks top notch! Great design idea..

rjustice
02-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Joe, I think this looks really nice!

Very likely a familly heirloom...

Keep up the great work!

Ron

Eagle Hollow
02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Joe,

You have created a family heirloom. Probably should decide who will inherit it. Could prevent a family squabble! Great project. Thanks for sharing it with us.

CarverJerry
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Now that really looks great, well done Joe. And thanks for the clear picture this time. Hey what kind of wood did you use on this project?

DocWheeler
02-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Joe,

That is an interesting project (and very nicely done). I am glad to see you creating and posting, I recall my sorrow about a post of yours where you spoke about getting out of the "carving" business.

flamesrule
02-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Awsome project love all the detail GREAT JOB!!!

Thanks for sharing:)

liquidguitars
02-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Nice work, I like the way you have the carvings wrap around the leg.

LG

oldjoe
02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for all the kind words.
The legs are made from poplar the stringers are made from pine and the top is walnut.

RayTrek
02-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi Joe,
Wow! I think you have shown us all up with this one, outstanding choose of woods and finish and your designing project lay out gives to more possibilities to what this machine can do with the creative mind
Thanks for the sharing the process with us and the finished master crafted furniture peace.
Cheers and good on you, Ray

Kenm810
02-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Oldjoe,

Like all the other posts, I'd like to say, A Very nicely done project and thanks for sharing your photos with us, please keep it up.

Quote from Lawrence – “the legs remind me a bit of the classic "pineapple" carvings you sometimes see as legs or posts on beds."

I don't really know if it was what you had in mind as you designed your Table, but this is what I means to many Folks out there.. :wink:

The first account of the pineapple was given by Christopher Columbus and his men, who landed on the island now known as Guadeloupe on their second voyage of discovery. Columbus brought the succulent fruit back to Europe in 1493.The pineapple symbolized hospitality, and the Spaniards soon learned they were welcome if a pineapple was placed by the entrance to a village. This symbolism spread to Europe, then to Colonial North America, where it became the custom to carve the shape of a pineapple into pieces their furature, even the doors and columns at the entrance of their homes. Not only have wood-carvers etched this immortal symbol, but the delicate hands of needle-workers have preserved this symbol in family heirlooms over the centuries. Items such as pineapple samplers, tables, and table cloths, or crochet doilies are but a few of the items found in homes of unbounding welcome. Theses types of Carvings have come to symbolize the utmost in welcome and hospitality to visitors.

BBrooks
02-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Well it is not as good as a lot of projects I see here but I thought I would post it anyway this is the finished stool with the four sided carves,

I think it looks great! As many have said, don't sell yourself short. You designed and made an excellent piece of furniture, not something everyone can do.
Cheers,