PDA

View Full Version : Sears tune up

hess
02-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Did I see somewhere here that Sears allows a tune up in a year?

chebytrk
02-04-2010, 09:08 AM
This is what I was told when I purchased my extended warranty last year. Mine is in the shop now and the only thing I'm disappointed with now is that I've had it in there since Jan 23 and have been given a estimated finish date of 12 Feb. To me, I think that's a little long to be in there and I'm trying to find out why so long. I heard that they replaced my flexshaft and some other parts and are awaiting a spindle and the muffler sock. There must be a abundance of spindle orders since it's taking mine so long to get here. I figured I could just drive the 4hrs down to Houston (I'm in Dallas) to pick it up, but the parts probably come from China (as everything else does). So I wait... chompin' at the bit so I can make my Valentine Basket. It's gonna be close, but maybe I'll make it in time. Wish me luck... Other than that, at least everything their doing is covered under warranty. :)

hess
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
This is what I was told when I purchased my extended warranty last year. Mine is in the shop now and the only thing I'm disappointed with now is that I've had it in there since Jan 23 and have been given a estimated finish date of 12 Feb. To me, I think that's a little long to be in there and I'm trying to find out why so long. I heard that they replaced my flexshaft and some other parts and are awaiting a spindle and the muffler sock. There must be a abundance of spindle orders since it's taking mine so long to get here. I figured I could just drive the 4hrs down to Houston (I'm in Dallas) to pick it up, but the parts probably come from China (as everything else does). So I wait... chompin' at the bit so I can make my Valentine Basket. It's gonna be close, but maybe I'll make it in time. Wish me luck... Other than that, at least everything their doing is covered under warranty. :)
I'm over in Cleburne have 3 units 2 or sears but 1 is at 1year is doing fine hate to jink it did sears send it to LHR? was wondering why it was there rather at the repair center here. If you need to put your project on a card and run down here and run it on one of these

want2b
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
From my experience sending my Compucarve back, Sears now has two national repair centers. The one in Texas is for 'mechanical' types of products and the 2nd center is for 'electronic' equipment. The fact that the Compucarve is computer controlled causes many clerks to ship it to the wrong center. That center then sends it back to the originating 'repair location' that sent it to them and they have to reship it to the Texas center. DUH!
Mine was shipped wrong, came back, was correctly shipped and then back after repair. Shipping was done via another carrier, not Sears trucks. 1. Obviously would be cheaper for Sears centers to forward to the correct center and send an electronic notice to the originator repair location. 2 Would be a time saver which would make for happier consumer. What is so tough to figure out??
Very few repair centers actually do much fixing, usually only minor thing such as replacing a bulb on small equipment or a belt on a mower, equipment that is sold by the thousands and can be fixed by someone trained in the basics. Many have local contracts for small engine repairs and the rest go to a 'big repair center' where they are willing to spend the money to train techs on those pieces of equipment due to volume.
Luck, Rick H

AskBud
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM
want2b and others that do not know,
Write this Sear's Repair Center number down. Sear's Repair Location # 8047 is in Garland Texas. It is where the CC need to go for repair.
AskBud

chebytrk
02-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Just got my CC back from Sears today. Sent it in for "tune up" under the extended warranty and so far it looks real good. They replaced the Flex Shaft, some type of motor mount, the plastic bracket round the brass roller since the bit had drilled a hole in the plastic as it was measuring boards. They also replaced the muffler & sock. Everything was covered under the warranty. Since it's a new flex shaft I decided to take it out and spray some molly lube on it just to make sure it doesn't heat up on me. I want to run a plastic hose line from the muffler down by the Rock Chuck so it'll blow out dust as it's carving and get sucked up by my DC that I've got installed. Anyone remember where that was on the forum? I believe someone did that and said it worked pretty goodl. So....... now it's time to start making saw dust. Wish me luck!

Kenm810
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi Jerry,

This is one that I remember,
I believe it is one of FWHarris - "RingNeckBlues" photos
Also look at this thread Air diverter (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=6862&highlight=rubber+hose)

chebytrk
02-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi Jerry,

Thanks Ken
I think that might be it, but I remember seeing a pic of the hose running down by the Chuck (or QC). I guess just using some bread ties or plastic ties on to the flex shaft and then just running it down by the rock chuck. Figure just find a way to secure it there. My DC works good it's just that sometimes I see that dust is left in the carve when it's cutting out a board so I figure if I have a "blow" type hose, it'll help bring it out and get it sucked up by my DC. Thanks Amigo......

Kenm810
02-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Jerry,

I just posted a post in my earlier post
that was some more info and photos ---- lol - who's on first :???: what did I just say??

fwharris
02-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi Jerry,

Also look at this thread Air diverter (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=6862&highlight=rubber+hose)

Ken,

Yes that was me :mrgreen:. I found that I could not get enough air flow and ended up going with a air pump. I have the line running down the flex shaft and fastened to the Z head similar to yours. The little hose coming off of the exhaust pipe you see in the picture is just a plug now.

CarveJerry has a set up using a small shop vac hose coming off of the exhaust that he runs into the cover slot..

http://forum.carvewright.com//showpost.php?p=119386&postcount=7

Wilbur
02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Got a call from Sears today saying that it would cost to much to repait my CC.
They said they were sending me a new one with full new warranty plus the 5 yr. Being shipped to my house.
Said that the cut motor was gone and mayby something else, I don't know, but anyway, CC from Sears with 5 yr warranty is the only way to go.

Wilbur

CarverJerry
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes, I do run a shop vac hose from the muffler port to the slot where the flex shaft is. I have to wait until just before it starts to carve to put this hose in there, because of when the tool goes over to the flag it would hit. Seems to work well for me along with the ringneck blues vac adapter. If you want to see more pictures just ask and I'll post better shots.

chebytrk
02-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes, I do run a shop vac hose from the muffler port to the slot where the flex shaft is. I have to wait until just before it starts to carve to put this hose in there, because of when the tool goes over to the flag it would hit. Seems to work well for me along with the ringneck blues vac adapter. If you want to see more pictures just ask and I'll post better shots.

Definatley would like to see some pics if you have some on how you have it running and set up. I also have the ringneck blues vac adapter. Thanks!

srichardson2358
02-12-2010, 08:48 PM
I waited a month for the nylon gears for my machine. This kinda bothers me when a company cant even keep parts in stock it almost looks like they are going under soon. i hope not!