PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a softail motocycle pattern

henry1
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Any one have a pattern of a softail motocycle have to make one for a friend it would be well appreciated for any help

hogiewan
02-03-2010, 08:40 PM
my understanding of the difference between hardtail and softtail is that one has a chain and other has a belt. if that is the case, I don't think it will matter which is used to create a pattern.

henry1
02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't it will matter as long its a softail standered :D

earlyrider
02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
A softail has an integral shock absorber in the frame for the swing arm, whereas the hardtail, the passenger IS the shock absorber, AKA the Model T and other stiff riding vehicles.
Ron

lawrence
02-03-2010, 11:13 PM
here's some harley pics in a font. I tried to keep it to softail images, but I wouldn't know a fat boy from street hawk (man I loved that show) I also included a couple of fun pics including Homer and Fred flintstone riding.... strangely enough these 2 pics were genuine pains in the rear end to get right.... but I managed (capitol T and U... )
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/lawrenceharley.png

Hope these come in useful -
Lawrence

hess
02-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Any one have a pattern of a softail motocycle have to make one for a friend it would be well appreciated for any help

there are some good pic on HD the Heritage would be a good ex

i have some foe the big baggers

henry1
02-04-2010, 09:11 AM
there are some good pic on HD the Heritage would be a good ex

i have some foe the big baggers

I don't follow you were would I find this HD

hess
02-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't follow you were would I find this HD
on the Harley's Site for their bikes they should have pics of all models just click and save the pic of a ST and then make a pat out of it

James RS
02-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Here's one I have not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for

henry1
02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I used pattern editor and made one thx for all the help guys

hess
02-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I used pattern editor and made one thx for all the help guys

I want to know how you got that on a scanner?:mrgreen:

hess
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
my understanding of the difference between hardtail and softtail is that one has a chain and other has a belt. if that is the case, I don't think it will matter which is used to create a pattern.

Think the difference has something to do with a hard tail is a rigid bike soft tail has shocks like a mono shock? i ride rice so I would be lieing if I said I knew but really think it has to due with suspension most HDs have belt drives now some Kaws too you know what HD stands for? Hundred Dollars cause it will cost that to have it worked on but that must be a real old time saying they all cost that just to wlk in the door

CarverJerry
02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
That old saying about the HD is almost true today. You can't walk into a HD store and come out with anything without paying $100. I know, I've owned 18 cycles, still have a '66 Sporster that is all original. And the Soft tail frame is a mono shock tucked up under the engine. And the rigid frame is just that, no shocks, the new ones do have hidden shocks but has the look of rigidness.
And the same goes with Home Depot= $100.....plus tax :mrgreen:

henry1
02-05-2010, 05:16 AM
I want to know how you got that on a scanner?:mrgreen:

Well found it on the web and save as an then brought over to editor and refind it :)

hess
02-05-2010, 12:45 PM
That old saying about the HD is almost true today. You can't walk into a HD store and come out with anything without paying $100. I know, I've owned 18 cycles, still have a '66 Sporster that is all original. And the Soft tail frame is a mono shock tucked up under the engine. And the rigid frame is just that, no shocks, the new ones do have hidden shocks but has the look of rigidness.
And the same goes with Home Depot= $100.....plus tax :mrgreen:

you can get out of HD for less than 100?? you must have a discount store lol

hess
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Well found it on the web and save as an then brought over to editor and refind it :)

ya did well