PDA

View Full Version : Rotating scan in the editor

DocWheeler
02-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I need some direction. I scanned a piece of decorative trim for a friend and needed to rotate it about one degree in the editor. I fussed with it so long that a lot of data got lost from the many re-draws.

How do you Get the object to rotate? I clicked and moved the mouse until I finally got it to where I wanted, but there MUST be a more straight forward way that the method I used.

fwharris
02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
I find the rotate tool a little confusing too! No problem if you need to rotate it 90*/180* or flip vert/horz. but the find tune adjustment is either very touchy!

CarverJerry
02-03-2010, 03:39 PM
It would be nice if they gave the option to rotate something per degree in either direction, as in cad cam or auto cad.

Jeff_Birt
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
The idea behind the rotate tool is that you are showing the Pattern Editor what should be horizontal and then it rotates the pattern by the amount needed. To use it pick out two points that describe a horizontal line once rotated. In other words you are telling PE, 'If there was a line right here it would be exactly horizontal if this pattern was rotated properly'. Once you have an idea where two good reference points are left click on the first one (don't hold the mouse button down) and then move over to the second point and left click again. After the second left click PE looks at the line you have drawn and determines how far it is off horizontal and then rotates the pattern that amount. This lefts you use reference points on your pattern to control the rotation rather than guessing at an angle.

AskBud
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I took the Rotate question/comment and made a new 5.01 MB AVI lesson
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Rotate-Tweak%20Control.zip

DocWheeler
02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks Jeff and Bud,

That is how I eventually found to work. I was trying to line up the mid-points which was difficult, it didn't dawn on me to try adjacent corners as it seemed to jump nearly out of view.

I just need to go retrieve my scan again and get it right this time.