PDA

View Full Version : Clear Board Sensor?????? me too

myshop1044
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Here we go , I have been using a sled for some time about 30 carvings
1. I have tape on the bottom of the sled
2. I just recleaned and geaseed the post, head goes up and down very easily.
3. I cleaned the sensor head before each carving (corian I might add).
4. rollers are compressed at the right time when I check the senors during an sensor option check.
5. sometimes I get the error like it doesn't know that there is a board there, so I reset the head on the board and then it might start working.
6. sometimes I get the error when it tries to measure the board X direction.
Just not sure what is the problem
any help would be great

P.S. what is the clears board sensor error anyway, just what is it trying to tell me.

Myshop

dbfletcher
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Please do a "white paper test" and report back what your readings are. Put a piece of white paper on the board, lower the head, go to user options/sensor check and record the readings for the board sensor.

140+ is good with white copy paper. Lower than 100 is probaby a dirty lense on the sensor or possible one of the two led are broke.

Doug Fletcher

myshop1044
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks Doug for the info.
I just tried the white paper test and mine read 25 and it flickers. I have undone the board edge senor more that once and blown it out and wipe down the lens. Now that I take a closer look at the sensor it does look
little there ia a little fog on the lens
I just read the trouble shooting for board sensors and it appears that my sensor is bad. That not to bad after 383 hr. of carving time.
Now it's to be able get to CW on the phone and get the part.
Thanks again, boy you learn alot when you take time to read the touble shooting manuals.

Myshop