PDA

View Full Version : You can try to sell some of your stuff

TerryT
01-31-2010, 06:46 PM
I have an auction setup that I used on one of my other websites. I have remodeled it to use for selling signs, plaques, furniture, etc. It is free for everyone to list and sell their items. The more stuff listed the better chance of getting buyers on the site. If you guys like it and the traffic warrants it, I will set it up with it's own domain so it won't be associated with my website.

Let me know what you think and list some stuff to sell. I will get started trying to get the search engines placing it well. If you are interested go to my website
http://woodwisdom.com (http://woodwisdom.com/)
and click on "Auction".
Register, list and sell. You can do a "Buy now" or set "reserves, etc. Just like ebay. You can even run a banner ad for your website if you like.

This is an auction setup that I have used for years on one of my other sites and have more than gotten my use from it. So it's no big deal if it doesn't work. But it might help some of you sell stuff if we work at it.

GaryW
01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
hey Bevis
he said ebay
he he he he he he

just kidding I'll take a look the local flea market is not working for me,

cnsranch
02-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Terry - I'm having trouble with viewing your site - do I have my settings wrong?

Page is cut off...

c6craig
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Jerry,

I can see the whole thing OK on mine, using Internet Explorer and my screen resolution is set to 1600x1200. It looks like your resolution might just be a little low from your screenshot. Do you have a scrollbar at the bottom to slide over and see the rest?

Craig

cnsranch
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Sort of strange - using Firefox, 1024x768 - usually don't have a problem...

c6craig
02-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah not sure about Firefox, I just drilled down into the actual auction page that you are looking at thinking maybe it was different there, but I can see the whole thing there as well....

Craig

TerryT
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Sort of strange - using Firefox, 1024x768 - usually don't have a problem...

Hi Jerry,
I just checked on my machine and I need a screen resolution of at least 800 wide to see the whole thing. I don't know how that will work with firefox. I am using IE7. I thought my site is supposed to auto adjust for different screen res but I may be pushing it too far. Sorry

Digitalwoodshop
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Start your own website... It is really EASY.... I was found today by a Girl looking for V Carved Signs and she said I was down about 10 pages on Google and most everything she found was to buy the equipment or software... She was frustrated....

When I opened AccountabilityTag.com my target market I have had a bunch of people finding me in the market for Accountability Tags... READY to SPEND MONEY.... Searching for a place to do it....

SO I bet the market is ripe for a website with the name V Carve Signs in it and then a bunch of pictures of V Carved Signs on it.... Does not need to be a Shopping Cart Site... Just pictures of what you do.....

I started my site after Chris started a site on Yahoo Business... I though if I got in trouble, he was a phone call away.... I was able to do it myself.... If you can write and email and attach a picture you have all the skills to make your own site.... Yahoo provides the Templates for Site Look and feel, NO HTML is needed..... Then EACH page gives you a Template for different styles.

$115.00 for 5 years to get the name and about $200.00 a year to Yahoo....

A TIP.... If you search a name.... like digitalwoodshop.com and you see it is available you should BUY it then.... A few years ago I was starting my business and searched the name digitalwoodshop.com and it was avaliable... I went back the next day with my credit card and wanted to buy it.... It was TAKEN.... Someone with access to searches bought it and posted a front page.... "Available $1000.00"........

That is how Pocono Digital Woodshop came to be....

Search you name here... http://www.networksolutions.com/

If your serious buy the 5 year on the name. Google ignores less than 5 years from what I saw.

Good Luck,

AL

TIMCOSBY
02-02-2010, 12:24 AM
something like craigslist but better. also free listings.