PDA

View Full Version : Rock

James RS
01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
I ordered my Rock today after I had a bit come out of the holder, luckily I was right there
or there would have been a fire.

James RS
02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks Ron My Rock chuck came today! won't be able to get it installed until friday maybe saturday.

lawrence
02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
you're gonna love it

Lawrence

James RS
02-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks from the reviews I've I have read I believe it. Now looking for the smallest cutting bit with a 1/4" shaft I can find to do some scroll saw patterns

dbfletcher
02-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks from the reviews I've I have read I believe it. Now looking for the smallest cutting bit with a 1/4" shaft I can find to do some scroll saw patterns

LHR sells a 1/16 cutting bit that comes with a 1/4 adapter/collet that you can use witht the rock.. or is you have the 1/8 sleeve you can use the bit directly.

Doug Fletcher

c6craig
02-03-2010, 07:04 PM
They sell a 1/16 inch cutting bit that seems to be the favorite for scrollsaw patterns:

http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=18825&cat=251&page=1

The 1/8" cutting bit just isnt small enough for the detail work.

Craig

onetexasoldman
02-05-2010, 06:04 PM
:confused::confused::confused:I am new with this machine have cut a couple things and having trouble sometimes with getting the bit out. What is a rock DAH LOL

rjustice
02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
:confused::confused::confused:I am new with this machine have cut a couple things and having trouble sometimes with getting the bit out. What is a rock DAH LOL

Hi and welcome to the forum. You can find info on the Rock Chuck System by clicking on the links below in my signature information.

Thank you for your interest!

Ron

AskBud
02-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Here are some links about the Rock Chuck sold by rjustice.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/member.php?u=2587

onetexasoldman
02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply. Have been reading all about it and want to purchase one just have figure what I need to start out. My budget is short after purchasing the machine.:roll:

onetexasoldman
02-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Ron thanks for all the help!!! I am old and have alot of stupid questions!! LOL :p

rjustice
02-06-2010, 07:16 AM
No problem....

Hope my email helped... Never feel bad about asking questions here. We are all willing to help wherever we can!

Happy Carving!

Ron

CarverJerry
02-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I want to say that the Rock Chuck just made my day. :mrgreen: I have noticed that my QC wasn't holding my tool tight. And I was having one heck of a time getting it to release. I just installed a Rock Chuck, which went very well, besure to watch his video if you are just buying a Rock Chuck, took about 20 mins from start to finish, that's with a little cleaning too. I started a 4 hour carve right after and with in the first 30 seconds I could tell a difference. And the end result in my carving tells a story. Now I did buy one of Ron's 4 flute carving bits, nice and sharp, but still the chuck made a world of difference. I give Ron a 10+, the craftsmanship and workmanship is totally 100% perfect. As a lot of you know I'm a machinist and my opinion is to buy yourself a Rock Chuck. Don't wait until your machine vibrates itself apart. Well worth the money..