PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection stand

pkunk
08-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Let me preface this with the fact that while I AM a cabinetmaker, I just made this out of scrap as a prototype. It may get a drawer and stay this way in my shop. It works. It pulls 90% of the cuttings out of the machine and tends to keep the machine a little cooler.
It ain't real pretty, but it works.

Aaron B
08-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Very Nice, I made one from an idea Dan on here had. Only difference is I cut a long slot in the middle of the table then screwed a dust hood to the under side of the table. When I use it I just attach my hose to the dust hood and it sucks it out the bottom. Nice stand, has room for shelfs as well.

adriano
12-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Plunk,

Just started using my machine a week ago and plan to biuld a stand such as yours. Cn you tell me the size of the slot in the table that you made?

Mike

adriano
12-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Plunk,

Just started using my machine a week ago and plan to biuld a stand such as yours. Cn you tell me the size of the slot in the table that you made?

Mike

pkunk
12-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I can't see it, but IIRC I routed 3 - 3/4" x 14" long groves an inch apart in the center of the top of the plenum. I wanted to have enough opening to accomodate the 1800cfm of my DC. As it is, I need to open another DC port to avoid overloading the DC.