PDA

View Full Version : How to and why isn't it?

BobHill
08-06-2006, 12:56 PM
As indicated on the PDF attached, I made a Designer tool piece (Keel Jig for Frames). I've still not learned how to easily make (in Designer) the piece in a continuous outline, so I did it in sections and placed the sections together for the bit to cut. I've still not learned how to make sections into one section and fear this is the source of my problem (perhaps resulting size of file). But in any event I've been unable to upload the finished piece to my Flash card (no problem uploading other files). any Ideas?

Bob Hill
Tampa

BobHill
08-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Since I never did get the vector way to work, I completed the CorelDraw vectorized image into a JPEG and brought that into my Favorites Library (attached). The problem with using JPEGs for this is the question of keeping the dimensions exact. I haven't cut it yet, so I'll have to wait to see about it's accuracy. I've made two keel jigs for the work piece.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Juno2
08-10-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure if this file will help you much. Been trying to perfect keeping hi-resolution jpg's for the software import, so the projects can be nice and crisp so I took a stab at it with your design using the pdf you provided.

BobHill
08-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks Juno, except I put two of them on a carved region, that's what I ended up doing. I haven't cut it yet, so I'm not sure if it came out exactly to the dimensions that I designed yet, however. That's my problem in using JPEG's.

Bob

Juno2
08-10-2006, 09:32 PM
they dont keep the aspect ratio or? Kinda confused since, IF you are taking the jpg image without any extra border into the Designer, shouldn't you be able to size it to what you need once you get it in there as an object?

BobHill
08-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Unforunately not, since when you extend the outside rectangular shape it also extends the interior "teeth" area and not t scale. Raster unforunately does not good for exacting shape cutouts (yet, anyway).

Bob