PDA

View Full Version : New problem

o2bawd
01-27-2010, 10:28 AM
After haveing the board tracking sensor problem and getting it fixed and up and going agin, my bit came loose and slid up so machine was running but nothing was getting carved. Thankfully I wasn't too far into the carve. In trying to restart at the beginning and now board measurement is off by 3/4 inch in length..........I have tried a diffrent board and getting the same results,,any help is appreciated..Rick

Digitalwoodshop
01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Masking tape on the bottom of the board at the point that the brass roller makes contact might help. If the roller slips then the measurement is off... Look for a missing piece of wood where the brass roller makes contact.

AL

o2bawd
01-27-2010, 04:32 PM
have tried several boards of diffrent lingths and is stiill coming up short just over 3/4 inch...............

ChrisAlb
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
have tried several boards of diffrent lingths and is stiill coming up short just over 3/4 inch...............

A couple things to look at & try...

Run it through a calibration test.

Check all the coordinate readings through the keypad options.

Be sure you're aren't missing the rubber O-ring on the brass roller (X-Tracking) or that it's not damaged (missing chunks/flat spots etc.)

Check the head pressure as per your manual.

o2bawd
01-27-2010, 05:47 PM
when trying to run the calibration I get the check tracking sensor, if i press the enter button to check the thickness it will run the test but no results are desplayed

chkorte
01-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Finally got the parts I needed to get my CW up and running. I installed the parts and cleaned the CW and set about carving a plaque. Everything was going fine until it got to the 1/8” cutting bit. I loaded the bit, hit enter and the CW sets about homing and promptly gives me a Z track error 309. I searched the forum and think I found the cause, me! I think I may have loaded the bit in the RC poorly. Luckily the plaque wasn’t ruined. I was able to cut it out with my scroll saw. Now I go about checking the calibration settings because the CW had told me that a 5/8” board was to thick to cut through. I start the calibration procedure and every time I try to calibrate the board thickness I get an error and no results. So I decide to do an advanced calibration. I load the proper board and follow the instructions and my CW promptly chews the hell out of one end of the board and through the aluminum slide holding the spring for the sliding plate. (hate to think what that did to my 3/8” bit not to mention the slide bar) I called LHR and am told that it could be my memory card. They tell me to format the card and retry the carving. I have formatted the memory card and done 2 real short carvings(just a 4 number address sign) that came out fine. Tomorrow I will try a 4 hour carve I have loaded to see if all is well. One thing I want to do with this next carve is to use the CW to square and joint all 4 edges of the board. The last time I tried to do this the CW told me that a ¾” board was to thick to square. Hopefully everything will work properly. When this thing works properly it’s truly amazing, when it doesn’t it will frustrate the hell out of you.