PDA

View Full Version : sears parts?

temler
01-26-2010, 05:33 PM
not sure where to post this so i will put it here. Is any one else having problems getting parts for the cc through sears. I put a couple orders in (just because it is easier to place orders on sears than calling lhr) at sears on the 20th and they told me today that there vendor had backordered 11 out of the 12 parts, I was not in a hurry to get any of them just wanted them on the shelf for when and if i get more machines to fix. I hate for people to wait when i fix something for them so i try to have a lot of parts in stock. Sears told me there vendor had just backorder them and didn't give them a ship date. So does Sears not stock any CC parts, it seems like they just order them from LHR when they need them so i am not sure it such a good idea to order them from Sears but I am up at night and do a lot of things at night so online shopping is the best.
Is any one going to be at the Detriot woodworking show at the end of Feb. I am supose to have my van finished by then and be able drive from the wheelchair so this is going to be the first trip out of the house in a few years except to doctors offices, I been waiting on this van for over a year now. I year ago I bought the used Van in CA (that is where the company that lowers the floor of the van is at) they got their part done months ago and now i am waiting for a company in Columbus OH to get there part done. As soon as i get the van I am going to just go wheel around Lowe's, just for the fun of it and i can't wait. But my son is going to go with me to Detroit to the woodworking show up there, i missed it in Columbus this year and that was a goal of mine but I just got out of surgery again, so i did make it.
It will be interesting to see if anyone else is having problems getting parts from sears? Does any one of you have a broken power supplies that i could look at for a few weeks. just want to put it all on paper kind of like a schematic of sorts. and also see where i can get the parts on the board from.
Thanks
Tim

hess
01-26-2010, 06:06 PM
I think Sears just places order to LHR as they come in so they done keep stuff in stock

01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
I ordered a gear for the z pack from sears before xmas. The part showed as in stock. 2 week later I got a call from their cust service that the part was due in, in a couple of days. They said they will call with a tracking #. Still no call or part. They update on the computer very seldom and then back date comments. I was told that this part was coming from a company in Illinois. Last week I was told the part would ship on 1/21, and to come back in 24 hours for an update. Still no update or a word from them.

temler
01-27-2010, 06:46 PM
I ordered a gear for the z pack from sears before xmas. The part showed as in stock. 2 week later I got a call from their cust service that the part was due in, in a couple of days. They said they will call with a tracking #. Still no call or part. They update on the computer very seldom and then back date comments. I was told that this part was coming from a company in Illinois. Last week I was told the part would ship on 1/21, and to come back in 24 hours for an update. Still no update or a word from them.

I also ordered a set of gears before Xmas and was told they were back ordered and then i ordered them from lhr and they had them except they are no longer two parts they are one part with a different part number so Sears is ordering the old numbers and they will not get them i am told. but maybe that is the hold up they are trying to make the separate gears just for sears. But i got my all in one gears from LHR and got them in and working, kind of like not having two separate gears and it was cheaper I think.
Its the drugs the mind is not working too well.
I hope you get your part, I heard that LHR is also out of the new 2-1 gears now. this could be wrong have not talked to them in a couple weeks. If i hear more i will let you know. I wrote sear a big email tonight about the difference in part numbers on the gears and sent them a copy of the new parts manual page that shows the change so maybe someone will update there site, i like sears because i like doing things in the middle of the night and there on line store is great.
Take care
Tim

Wilbur
01-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I was told that Sears get there parts from LHR.

I have a machine that has been gone for 5 weeks now. Went to sears monday to see what the hold up was and guess what, yep, my machine was sitting in the store. Just came in but it had been gone for 4 weeks to some sears shop that does not work on the CC.
Suppose to be on it's way to Texas. Don't know how it's going but it should be there.
Manager told me he did not know where to send it. I told him that he did not have a problem the first time he sent it.
I don't know . What you going to do?

Wilbur

AskBud
01-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I was told that Sears get there parts from LHR.

I have a machine that has been gone for 5 weeks now. Went to sears monday to see what the hold up was and guess what, yep, my machine was sitting in the store. Just came in but it had been gone for 4 weeks to some sears shop that does not work on the CC.
Suppose to be on it's way to Texas. Don't know how it's going but it should be there.
Manager told me he did not know where to send it. I told him that he did not have a problem the first time he sent it.
I don't know . What you going to do?

Wilbur

Always, always, make sure you see them write the destination of Repair Shop # 8047 on the job ticket. There is no other shop that I know of that can handle the unit.

When it returns, on this repair, demand the the Manager issue you a $100.00 gift certificate for the mis-handling of the initial shipment. There is no excuse for this delay.
AskBud

Metalhead781
01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Would it be over stepping to ask for a lowes gift cert??:mrgreen:

Wilbur
01-29-2010, 01:27 PM
First time it has come up. Using the machine for commercial use. I have two and have sent one back the second time with 600 hr.
I don't know what they would call commercial use. I don't think I am anywhere close to that.
I will make sure from now on to check, making sure it is head in the right direction.

Wilbur

kapuna
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
i purchased an extended warrenty from sears on my machine and called sears to find out what the process would be if the machine needed repair.They instructed me to call the parts dept. after being forced to play phone tag with almost all of their reps. i got the only truthful employee at sears. HE TOLD ME THAT HE HAD NO CLUE WHAT TO DO. after taking my name and number he told me he would find out and call me back. seven months later i am still waiting on sears. THANK THE LORD I DO MY MAINTAINCE ON THE MACHINE AND KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.

AskBud
01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
i purchased an extended warrenty from sears on my machine and called sears to find out what the process would be if the machine needed repair.They instructed me to call the parts dept. after being forced to play phone tag with almost all of their reps. i got the only truthful employee at sears. HE TOLD ME THAT HE HAD NO CLUE WHAT TO DO. after taking my name and number he told me he would find out and call me back. seven months later i am still waiting on sears. THANK THE LORD I DO MY MAINTAINCE ON THE MACHINE AND KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.

Sears repair, for the CompuCarve, is done in Garland Texas. The ID number (location) that Sears must send the machine to is # 8047.
AskBud

ralphhood3
01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
To the original post, I ordered a cover switch and harness from Sears Parts on 12/21 and it's still not shipped. Both parts list as in stock and I paid for expedited shipping. I've called 3 different times over the past 5+ weeks and each time they tell me someone will have to investigate it and then call me back and I've yet to get my parts or hear back from them.

Luckily (or unluckily) my compucarve stopped working (Z-Axis Stall) after I ordered the parts and I've been waiting for it to come back from Sears Repair since just after new years so the lack of the switch hasn't been a problem.

Sears called yesterday though and said my repair was ready to be picked up. Assuming it's actually fixed the issue it was in for, I'm interested to see if they replaced the switch as well since it was also in for "normal maintenance" and clearly they should notice the cover switch wasn't working. I guess I don't really care if they fixed the switch as long as the Z stall is fixed.

Oh, and to the other comments. Sears sent mine to the wrong facility as well (that was before I knew the store number) and 5 days later told me it was ready to be picked up. When I got there they noticed it had a note saying it had to be sent to Texas so that's where it's been for 3 weeks. Surprisingly the guy in Texas called Monday saying it was fixed and they were shipping it back and it arrived last night for me to pick up today.

Fingers crossed it works...

want2b
01-29-2010, 07:28 PM
In defense of Sears repair after all the negative reports when they initially started
doing the repair on the carver, I have to give them credit. I also bought the 5 yr
extended warranty and have sent mine back twice, once a yr ago and again about
10 mon ago. I actually got a call from the tech working on it about the 'missing' section
off the lid. I explained I had cut it off to make my vacuum system work, he listened, said
it sounded like a great idea. Said he was going to replace it but realised it was a clean
cut, not a breakage issue so he called. They did screw up and send it to the wrong repair
center the last time, I got very into it and found it was basically a training issue, the person
who accepted it from me at the repair center looked at it as an electronics and sent it to
the center for 'computer/electronics' repair vs the Tool center.
Guess that is an easy misunderstanding if you don't have any idea the carver has physical
issues. Maybe the 'Compu' part of the name steers those who no background or "Training" in
the wrong direction.
AskBud has responded to many posts noting the specific number of the repair center
that it must be sent to in the Sears network. Guess we have to babysit them and do
a doublecheck to be sure 'parttimer' doesn't send it to the wrong place.
Who knows, maybe someday???
Good luck to anybody having a problem,
Rick H

Gerald Bennett
01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Hopefully they get parts fairly quickly, I ordered a board sensor (actually 2 so I have a spare) and it shows as being processed since the 27th. According to their status note that means it should ship in 1 - 2 business days so should ship Monday.

I have been down since the clear board sensor error came up, tried cleaning the sensor but now get readings in the 50's with no board under the sensor and it thinks the board is more than an inch wider than it really is so hoping replaceing it will fix the problem

temler
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Hopefully they get parts fairly quickly, I ordered a board sensor (actually 2 so I have a spare) and it shows as being processed since the 27th. According to their status note that means it should ship in 1 - 2 business days so should ship Monday.

I have been down since the clear board sensor error came up, tried cleaning the sensor but now get readings in the 50's with no board under the sensor and it thinks the board is more than an inch wider than it really is so hoping replaceing it will fix the problem

My parts i have ordered on the 20th, 6 of them say ordered on the 20th and being processed is on the top of the form showing what stage they are in. and on the other order the same day 4 out of 5 CC parts were back ordered with no time line as to how long. and yes all of my said in stock on the sears website. and one of the parts that just say ordered is a sensor for a spare again. and another one is the power switch, i can't believe LHR would be out of all of these items. I am going to do a lot of calling Monday and find out from sears what is going on then call LHR if Sears tells me again that it is there vendors fault which LHR so i hope to get to the bottom of this on Monday and i will let all know what i find out. Maybe LHR is just out of parts.
If i find anything out i will post tomorrow.
thanks all
Tim