PDA

View Full Version : Warning long ... couple of issues ...

Ron Smith
07-29-2006, 04:19 PM
First off, let me bang the drum for the customer service from LHR! I was in the middle of a large sign making project and had a couple of issues come up, really aggravating me. The first was an error message telling me the cutter head wasn't turning. I called Chris and he asked me to remove the flex shaft and look for a small square brass spacer on the cutter end. This prevents the shaft from going too far into the cutter head and pulling out of the router on the other end. The brass piece was missing. Chris said he would mail me one right away, but informed me I could get the brass at a local hobby shop and make my own quicker, which I did! It has run good since. I still received one in the mail.

The next issue was a fault telling me the "rear rollers are jammed". I called Chris again and he walked me through removing the right side cover and checking the gears under the black plastic cover. The teeth were all okay, so he had me check the metal plate they fasten to. It had worked loose and allowed the gears to not mesh properly. Once I adjusted the plate and tightened the screws, it's worked great! Thanks for the fantastic support guys!

nicobie
07-30-2006, 01:40 PM
These guys really are great.

I think I can safely say that their customer service is the best that I have ever gotten.