PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection Under $300

will-munny
01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Does anyone have any of these dust collection machines. I need to be portable, at this point i still have to let my wife park in the garage. any reviews or personal recommendations accepted. Thanks

http://eberhardt.bz/GME_Wood_Land/GME_Woodworking_Stuff/4_Information/4_Dust_Collector_Review.pdf

dbfletcher
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have any of these dust collection machines. I need to be portable, at this point i still have to let my wife park in the garage. any reviews or personal recommendations accepted. Thanks

http://eberhardt.bz/GME_Wood_Land/GME_Woodworking_Stuff/4_Information/4_Dust_Collector_Review.pdf

I bought this one a few months ago. So far I'm happy with it. I only use it with the CW's so I didnt need a multiple machine DC system.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G1163

I also got the 1 micron bag to go with it.

I like that it is wall mount or can be rolled around on the floor. I know there are other manufacutures that also make similar units.

Doug Fletcher

Gean
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I've looked at a portable one at WoodCraft. Don't know the brand but it was around $180. Planning on buying it in about 2 weeks. Check their website out about it.

Gean

Scroll'ng Dave
01-25-2010, 06:40 PM
I bought this one a few months ago. So far I'm happy with it. I only use it with the CW's so I didnt need a multiple machine DC system.

I like that it is wall mount or can be rolled around on the floor. I know there are other manufacutures that also make similar units.

Doug Fletcher

Doug, "Great Minds Think Alike" I didn't say that, but it fits! I was looking into this very machine (Grizzley makes GREAT stuff). Can you provide pictures on how you connected it to your CW? The reason I'm asking is becasue before I order mine, I want to design/build a quick disconnect system so I can use it with tools as needed. I'm looking for suggestions on how to best do that.

Dave

dbfletcher
01-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Doug, "Great Minds Think Alike" I didn't say that, but it fits! I was looking into this very machine (Grizzley makes GREAT stuff). Can you provide pictures on how you connected it to your CW? The reason I'm asking is becasue before I order mine, I want to design/build a quick disconnect system so I can use it with tools as needed. I'm looking for suggestions on how to best do that.

Dave

I can, but I'm still using a downdraft system... so I'm not sure how well it applies. If you still want me to include pics anyways, let me know and i'll take some of what I have.

Doug Fletcher

hess
01-25-2010, 08:16 PM

HF has a sale right now with a coupon the 2 HP collector is 159.00

CarverJerry
01-26-2010, 08:09 AM
This is what I use on my machine. My collection unit is on wheels with a 4" hose, and yes I use dryer vent hose because it is much lighter than the rubber hose that came with the vacuum. The other hose you see in the top of the c/w is a small hose off a 5 gal shop vac that is connected into the muffler vent on the back and after the tool sets it's self I just stick this hose in the top which puts out enough air flow I don't have to clean my machine.
A little "jerry rigged" as I call it....... but it works good.

hess
01-26-2010, 06:11 PM
This is what I use on my machine. My collection unit is on wheels with a 4" hose, and yes I use dryer vent hose because it is much lighter than the rubber hose that came with the vacuum. The other hose you see in the top of the c/w is a small hose off a 5 gal shop vac that is connected into the muffler vent on the back and after the tool sets it's self I just stick this hose in the top which puts out enough air flow I don't have to clean my machine.
hey you got my hood RN must be 2 timin me they work good dont they

fwharris
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
hey you got my hood RN must be 2 timin me they work good dont they

:mrgreen: LOL!!!

scamp62
01-26-2010, 09:41 PM
$300.00 !!!
will I got a $55.00 Ringneckblues.com DC (great peace of work !!)
Harbor Fright 1 HP dust collector (20% off coupon) $80.00
Harbor Fright Bench Stand (yes another 20% off coupon) $22.00
Harbor Fright Dolly Wheel System (and yes once again 20% off coupon) 19.00
So I have $176.00 dollars into this moble DC system, and it works great !
Oops add $10.00 for the hose !

scamp62
01-27-2010, 12:16 AM
here are a few pic's

MCGEE2SKINNER
01-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Bar none the Ringneckblues is the best.

jim

JDPratt
01-27-2010, 08:26 AM
here are a few pic's

Scamp- I am curious about the pics. How do you have the ground wire hooked up. It looks like it goes into the wall. Do you have any issues with power fluctuation with that many items plugged into the same circuit?

fwharris
01-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Scamp,

Great pictures of your system and sounds like you did a good job of putting it all together for less than $200..

Jim,
THANKS!! :)

scamp62
01-27-2010, 11:30 AM
TO: JDPratt
The sound stage that I have the CW in, all of the Conduit and electrical boxes are a excellent grounds (was a furniture factory) and as far as that circuit goes, the only thing that is on that one is the CW, and 2 florescent lights, the fan is the black cord going off the right frame, it is going into another circuit, and the Vinyl Cutter in the back ground is in yet another. So no, I have no power issues.

scamp62
01-27-2010, 11:41 AM
P.S.
Thanks Jim…..I’ve got to say, between the your DC manifold, and a Rock Chuck
I have had a much better relationship with my machine.!!!!
Thank you sir !

fwharris
01-27-2010, 12:04 PM
P.S.
Thanks Jim…..I’ve got to say, between the your DC manifold, and a Rock Chuck
I have had a much better relationship with my machine.!!!!
Thank you sir !

Not Jim but I get what you are saying!!! And thanks again!!! :)

will-munny
01-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Doug Fletcher

Well Doug I took your word for it and ordered one(along with the insert from fwharris) and got the insert today, then got the email from grizzley that that dc is out of stock and will ship on Feb 12, so guess i will have to wait a few weeks to get my dust taken care of. Anyway, just passing on that they do not have that model in stock until Feb 12. Take care

dbfletcher
01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Well Doug I took your word for it and ordered one(along with the insert from fwharris) and got the insert today, then got the email from grizzley that that dc is out of stock and will ship on Feb 12, so guess i will have to wait a few weeks to get my dust taken care of. Anyway, just passing on that they do not have that model in stock until Feb 12. Take care

Sorry to hear that. Did you also get the 3 micron bad.. i think in my original post it said it was 1 micron, but I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly that was an error in there catalog. For some odd reason the, the bag they reccommend on the webpage and catalog page isnt the on you really want. I know i posted the correct part number in another post here... so I'll search an repost here.

Here is the excerpt from my other post:

"If you do get the grizzly, you may want H4340 Dust Filter Bag for G1163 3.0 micron bag for it as well. Dont order the one that shows on the accessories page (G5560). It is NOT a direct replacement."

Doug Fletcher

fwharris
01-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Glad to see you got the insert today and sorry to see your DC is back ordered.

It is also nice to put the forum name with the person who made the order. Some times they do not match up and it keeps me guessing..:)

TIMCOSBY
01-27-2010, 10:23 PM

and this is a ? for everyone. why such a large hose seems a 1" would do just as good since the shavings are so small and it would be so much less intrusive. i havent done one yet and was just wondering if i'm missing something (as usual).

dbfletcher
01-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I think it is all about volume. With a 1" hose you would never be able to move a large enough volume of air to keep the particles suspended. I'm sure someone will jump in with a better explaination.

Doug Fletcher

happyjackid
01-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Doug is right. A 4" is needed to move enough volume of air to keep the dust suspended. I tried a 2" and it just wasn't enough...

CarverJerry
01-28-2010, 05:21 AM
If you take a look at the picture I posted (#7) I use a 4" hose for the vacuum and the other hose is an 1.25 dia hose hooked up to the muffler port helping to keep things moving so it can get sucked up. I agree anything smaller than a 4" hose just wouldn't have the volume to work good enough. Just my 2 cents worth. FYI .... I don't have to clean my machine very much any more.