PDA

View Full Version : Outline pattern to true vector

dbfletcher
01-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Does anyone have a tips/tricks to convert and "outline pattern" path to a true vector object (so we can edit points, break paths, etc). The only work around I have found so far is to simple re-trace the path with the spline tool. I was hoping someone had an easier way.

Doug Fletcher

AskBud
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have a tips/tricks to convert and "outline pattern" path to a true vector object (so we can edit points, break paths, etc). The only work around I have found so far is to simple re-trace the path with the spline tool. I was hoping someone had an easier way.

Doug Fletcher

Here is a way that may work for you (I tested it).
1) Bring up your pattern.
2) Outline the pattern.
3) Delete pattern.
4) Add your intersecting shape to the outline.
5) Highlight both and make Carve area.
6) Outline this new combined carve area.
7) Assign your bit selection
8 ) I then deleted all but the new outline carving.
AskBud

dbfletcher
01-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks Bud... I'll give that a try.

Doug Fletcher

mtylerfl
01-25-2010, 01:47 PM

Doug Fletcher

Hi Doug,

As far as I know, there is no way to convert a pattern outline to an editable vector at this time. (I'm not sure what Bud was trying to do, but the steps he outlined will not yield an editable vector either.)

AskBud
01-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Mine was just a work-around, not a true solution to the actual request.
AskBud

Dan-Woodman
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Askbud
Thats sounds like a great work around.
I think vector patterns would sell projects for us,if we could CW to let the machine to acept them . There are thousands of scrollsaw patterns waiting to be vectorized.
Lets go CW .
later Daniel

Metalhead781
01-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks ten fold for the work around. Much easier then the the manual way i was making outlines.

THanks

MH