PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Woodworking show

Dan-Woodman
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
It's that time of year again guys. Just got my flyer for the show coming Feb. 19-21 2010
If you get this flyer for the K.C. show, look on page 6 at the bottom of the left collum, you will see that I will be showing some of my projects done with my CW as part of The Lee's Summit Woodworkers Guild booth project. I am not affiliated with CW in any way, I have just demonstrated my machine at our monthy meeting and showed and discussed projects at the wood show last year.
If your going to the show , stop by and introduce yourself. I'll be there Sunday from 10:00 --12:00 just like last year.
later Daniel

Old Salt
01-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I plan to go to the show would enjoy talking to you but will not attend sunday will you be around any other day?

will-munny
01-24-2010, 05:56 PM
what is the location and times for the show. Thanks

Smoken D
01-24-2010, 06:02 PM
will-munny
here is the link for the show.

http://www.woodworkingshows.com/

Go down to Kansas City and click on it. Also if you go they have the $2 coupon that you can print out and get $2 off the $10 price

Dan-Woodman
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Old Salt
Sorry, the only day I'll be around is Sunday.

will-munny
I'm not far from Sedalia ,in fact my son goes to collage over there.

Everyone , I have a Hawk scrollsaw 20" ,variable speed, quick change, excellant condtion if anyone is interested.
P.M. me for more info.
later Daniel

Old Salt
01-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Will look you up if we stay for Sunday , us old 2006 beta people need to say hello

Dan-Woodman
01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Old Salt
I didn't realize we got our machines the same time.
Is that your web site? Thats really nice. I'm not into painting and haven't done that much carving this past year since being laid off,then going back to school at age 55. I graduate Feb. 12, so maybe someone will hire me .

It doen't look like CW will be at this show this year, not in the flyer or there website.
later Daniel

Scroll'ng Dave
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Don't want to break the thread here, but might anyone know why Carvewright wouldn't have a booth for this show in Houston (April 16-18)? ...I mean this is their own back yard!

I have been to this particular show in KC last year as I happened to be there on business at the same time. It's a well-run show and I would think CW, at the very least, would use the opportunity to their advantage. In fact, I would think they would have a traveling team that attends all the major woodworking shows across the country. Of course the health of the economy is probably a good reason why they don't. Any thoughts out there?

Dave

Smoken D posted the URL earlier in this thread if you’re interested in seeing if the show is coming to your neck of the woods, and here it is again:
http://www.woodworkingshows.com/ (http://www.woodworkingshows.com/)

cnsranch
01-26-2010, 08:49 AM
You can bet I'll be there, Dan - just don't know when - if it's Sunday, I'll be sure to look you up.

Great luck on being a new grad!

Smoken D
01-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Scroll'ng Dave;
I believe they use to go to all the woodworking shows but quit. Several years ago I first saw the CarveWright at the KC show and from then on had the desire to get one. Really not certain why they quit going to the shows, but can think of several reasons.

fwharris
01-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Don't want to break the thread here, but might anyone know why Carvewright wouldn't have a booth for this show in Houston (April 16-18)? ...I mean this is their own back yard!

I have been to this particular show in KC last year as I happened to be there on business at the same time. It's a well-run show and I would think CW, at the very least, would use the opportunity to their advantage. In fact, I would think they would have a traveling team that attends all the major woodworking shows across the country. Of course the health of the economy is probably a good reason why they don't. Any thoughts out there?

Dave

Smoken D posted the URL earlier in this thread if you’re interested in seeing if the show is coming to your neck of the woods, and here it is again:
http://www.woodworkingshows.com/ (http://www.woodworkingshows.com/)

Dave,

I think LHR is focusing more on the IN STORE demos (Lowe's etc) vs the wood working shows. More cost effective for them I think..

Dan-Woodman
01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
I think you have it right FWHARRIS
They were at the woodworking show the last 3 years, and I talked to littleredwoodshop and it was a pretty slow show with the economy in K.C. Thats where I saw my CW in 2006, that was the first woodworking show the were at besides woodworking clubs in Texas.
Heck , I been laid off almost a year now and still haven't been hired . 3 months ago I quit looking cause unemployment was sending me to school. I'm graduating Feb. 12 with 5 certificates in construction,so maybe that will help.

CNSRANCH
Hope you can make it Sunday and everyone 10:00--12:00

later Daniel

cnsranch
02-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Dan - got my schedule worked out - I'll see you Sunday.

Dan-Woodman
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Jerry
I'll be there, looks like it's going to be a full house. Last I counted over 40 booths.

Anyone else planning to attend?

later Daniel

temler
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
does anyone know anything about the Detroit woodworking show? I didn't see if LHR is going to be there or not? Is this a good woodworking show or not? I usually go to the Columbus OH show every year except for the past 5 years since the injury and this was going to be the first time i could make it back to the show but my stupid spinal catheter broke and had spinal surgery the day before the show, so i thought it might not be a good idea to go. My son saw that i was pretty bummed about it so he offered to take me to Detroit show Weather permitting and if I got my conversion van, I did get me van. I just want to know if it is worth a 3 hour drive? It is a 3 hour drive from my daughters house and i have not been there for 2 years so i am going there to see my grandkids and my son would pick me up there and it is just 3 hours a way from there. Now my daughter is 3 hours from me and then the show 3 hours, so i don't think 6 hours would of been worth it but 3 hours would be fun since i have not been out of the house for a year. All this typing just to find out if this show is worth going to. I would prefer to go to FL and get out of this snow.
Thanks all. Boy am i full of hot air tonight.
Thanks
Tim

Kenm810
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi Tim,

I went to the last couple of WoodWorker Shows in the Detroit area (really quite a Crowd)
and enjoyed talking to the Good Folks from LHR at the CarveWright Booth both times,
But this year their not listed as venders, -- it doesn't look like LHR is going to be there, Economy Maybe.
So I'll skip this one, and hope they'll be back for the next one. :sad:

MAX COX
02-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Hopefully the weather will be good. At least 3 or 4 of us woodworkers are planning to be there sunday. hope to see you Dan.

Dan-Woodman
02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I think it will be a good show,and good to meet anyone from the forum.
Last I heardmost of the adverse weather will be to the north of K. C. so if you can get through it , it may not be too bad.

Weather update tommorrow for K.C.
later Daniel

Old Salt
02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
came down 29 from North 19th roads worst snow ice trucks and cars crashes every where road closedfor a time . got to KS just some rain clear of snow in 40s. sounds like sat late snow moving in may go back north early to miss the long ride back in the snow . top speed coming down was 40 mph and some times that wasto fast . maby see you next year.

Dan-Woodman
02-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Oldsalt
Did you come down for the show today?

You know what they say about the weather here in Mo.," if you don't like the weather today, wait til tommorrow". Since last summer , we have had rain at least every 3-4 days.
We have only had sunshine about 3-4 days total since Jan.1
later Daniel

TerryT
02-20-2010, 08:17 AM
I hope you guys enjoy the show. I wish I could be there as well. Have fun.

Old Salt
02-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes Dan was at show this AM spent some cash and then headed north hwy was good, just a few snow showers north of St Joe . got home about 5 pm . We may get 6" here tonight we already have 6 ft snow drifts all around our home so we realy don't need any more.
I do move snow for pay so I should not bitch, but I stil do.:rolleyes:
Looks like the crowd was good .
I have a good time seeing new tools and get many good ideas from others are doing.
Never to old to learn somthing new.
the guild display items where great!

Have a good time ( I did )

Gary
:-)

Griz64
02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
I went today (Saturday) and man was it packed. I thought maybe with the snow coming down it might lighten the crowd some but it didn't. I had a great time though and actually saw that someone there had a CW or CC. I spent way to much money and like Old Salt found some great ideas. To the guys going Sunday have a great time.

Dan-Woodman
02-21-2010, 09:34 PM
The CC you saw belonged to the Kansas City Woodworkers Guild.
Sunday
I showed some of my CW projects from 10-1 or so at Lee's Summit woodworkers guild booth. Got to meet CNSRANCH. Nice to meet some of the people we talk to alot but never met.
It was snowing, sleeting, raining, and 31 degrees when I got there, light crowd,really started dieing out around 2:00.
Lots of good vendors.
later Daniel