PDA

View Full Version : DC Question

castingman
01-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Hello Everybody

I have been watching the post for all of the DC hookups with great interest.
I am working on a cast aluminum one and i would like to know how big to make the open end that works the best. I will prototype the first one useing a foam pattern . any ideas?

Thanks Michael

AskBud
01-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Hello Everybody

I have been watching the post for all of the DC hookups with great interest.
I am working on a cast aluminum one and i would like to know how big to make the open end that works the best. I will prototype the first one useing a foam pattern . any ideas?

Thanks Michael

Go to the hardware Store and pick up a "Floor sweeper" attachment about the size that would fit in the CW/CC. Cut it apart and use it as the model for the inner recesses (Air Flow). Now all you need to do is determine how to design your unit to attach to the machine, and how you intend to modify the cover for the hose system. That is what most of us have done. It's just that some of us have not studied the master model as much as others. My main objective was good air flow plus a design that allowed for ease of "In & Out", and not placing stress on the machine. Also, maintain the "safety" of the cover design or someone could get hurt.
AskBud

castingman
01-23-2010, 08:04 PM
AskBud

Thanks , That is the idea i was planning on using , I thought about useing the two taped holes that are already their . I think i can make a low profile and get good results. I can build it out of foam and not cost to much.

I will post pic,s as i proceed.
If it works i can build a wood pattern.

Thanks AskBud

Michael

AskBud
01-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Where there is a will, there is a way!
AskBud

Frederick_P
01-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Michael, Here are some drawings that might help you out. This shape works perfectly removing almost 100% of the dust:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13433&highlight=Frederick_P

castingman
01-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Frederick,

Thanks , That looks like a good plan, low profile and easy to get around.
I'm thinking about lock in tabs to make it easy to remove.

Will keep you poasted.

Thanks , Michael